email shot to list of email address in database

email shot to list of email address in database

Post by Stuart Bowe » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

How can I set up a scheduled mailshot (eg every morning at 7am) to a list of
email addresses in a table held in an SQL 7 database.

Thanks.

email shot to list of email address in database

Post by Brett Wickar » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

look at xp_sendmail in BOL...  that should fully detail what you need to
do..

regards,
brett wickard

Quote:> How can I set up a scheduled mailshot (eg every morning at 7am) to a list
of
> email addresses in a table held in an SQL 7 database.

> Thanks.

email shot to list of email address in database

Post by Stuart Bowe » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

cheers brett

> look at xp_sendmail in BOL...  that should fully detail what you need to
> do..

> regards,
> brett wickard

> > How can I set up a scheduled mailshot (eg every morning at 7am) to a
list
> of
> > email addresses in a table held in an SQL 7 database.

> > Thanks.

email shot to list of email address in database

Post by Brett Wickar » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

oops, i forgot the other part of your message... do you know how to set up a
scheduled item?  go to the enterprise manager under Management - Jobs and
add a new job to run the SP that will generate the e-mail that you want.
The other key thing to getting xp_sendmail to work fine is making sure SQL
Mail is set up right and running correctly (under support services in the
enterprise manager)... if you have troubles just post back

regards,
brett wickard

> cheers brett

> > look at xp_sendmail in BOL...  that should fully detail what you need to
> > do..

> > regards,
> > brett wickard

> > > How can I set up a scheduled mailshot (eg every morning at 7am) to a
> list
> > of
> > > email addresses in a table held in an SQL 7 database.

> > > Thanks.

email shot to list of email address in database

Post by Stuart Bowe » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I can figure out the scheduling and have the email working fine, however, if
i used a select statement to produce a table with two columns: email address
and message, how could i integrate that with xp_sendmail to email the
corresponding messages to each email address in the list?

thanks again

> oops, i forgot the other part of your message... do you know how to set up
> scheduled item?  go to the enterprise manager under Management - Jobs and
> add a new job to run the SP that will generate the e-mail that you want.
> The other key thing to getting xp_sendmail to work fine is making sure SQL
> Mail is set up right and running correctly (under support services in the
> enterprise manager)... if you have troubles just post back

> regards,
> brett wickard

> > cheers brett

> > > look at xp_sendmail in BOL...  that should fully detail what you need
> > > do..

> > > regards,
> > > brett wickard

> > list
> > > of

email shot to list of email address in database

Post by Brett Wickar » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

my first idea would be to declare it as a cursor and then go through it one
by one... does anyone have a quicker way?  I don't think xp_sendmail can be
a field in a select statement, but maybe I'm wrong!

regards,
brett wickard

> I can figure out the scheduling and have the email working fine, however,
if
> i used a select statement to produce a table with two columns: email
address
> and message, how could i integrate that with xp_sendmail to email the
> corresponding messages to each email address in the list?

> thanks again

> > oops, i forgot the other part of your message... do you know how to set
up
> > scheduled item?  go to the enterprise manager under Management - Jobs
and
> > add a new job to run the SP that will generate the e-mail that you want.
> > The other key thing to getting xp_sendmail to work fine is making sure
SQL
> > Mail is set up right and running correctly (under support services in
the
> > enterprise manager)... if you have troubles just post back

> > regards,
> > brett wickard

> > > cheers brett

> > > list

1. Send emails to all email addresses on my database

Hi,

I have a list of 2000 people and their data including email addresses stored
on my database on SQL Server 2000. I would like to send a private email that
include his/her data on the email body to each member on my list.

Any suggestion on how to accomplish this task with SQL Queries ?

I am looking into XP_Sendmail and XPSMTP.... but not sure which one to
choose or may be something else ?

Thanks

Jean

2. D2: Locate won't work on multiple columns

3. Removing my email address from your list

4. Service Account vs. Local System Account

5. Email - receiving emails directly into a database

6. Views used by replication

7. Filemaker..linking database to web & email addresses

8. iidbms problems

9. Sending email using addresses from database

10. Finding bad email addresses in database fields?

11. webdb-l: Web database email list

12. wedb-l: Web Database Email List

13. webdb-l: Web database email list