Invalid report schema question

Post by msg_2.. » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:48:59

In win2k sql , "query analyzer", executed a
"stored procedure". Checked the "write result to file".
It created a ".rpt" file. Then, in Crystal Report 9,
tried to open the rpt file, got "Can not open document",
"Invalid report schema".

--
Sent by msg_2222 from yahoo part  of  com

Invalid report schema question

Post by Dan Guzma » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:30:31

The Query Analyzer output file with the '.rpt' extension is a regular
text file, not a Crystal report file.  You can view the file with any
text editor, like Notepad.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP

-----------------------
SQL FAQ links (courtesy  Neil Pike):

http://www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?DepartmentID=800
http://www.sqlserverfaq.com
http://www.mssqlserver.com/faq
-----------------------

Quote:> In win2k sql , "query analyzer", executed a
> "stored procedure". Checked the "write result to file".
> It created a ".rpt" file. Then, in Crystal Report 9,
> tried to open the rpt file, got "Can not open document",
> "Invalid report schema".

> --
> Sent by msg_2222 from yahoo part  of  com
> This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header.

Invalid report schema question

Post by Nigel Rivet » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:34:35

The .rpt file will be just a text file (try opening in
notepad) not a crystal reports format file.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>In win2k sql , "query analyzer", executed a
>"stored procedure". Checked the "write result to file".
>It created a ".rpt" file. Then, in Crystal Report 9,
>tried to open the rpt file, got "Can not open document",
>"Invalid report schema".

>--
>Sent by msg_2222 from yahoo part  of  com
>This is a spam protected message. Please answer with
reference header.
>.

1. Invalid schema or catalog....(Linked Server to AS/400)

Hello,

My problem is that..
I have a Linked Server in SQL Server 7.0 - it is AS/400 platform.
When I execute:  select * from openquery (AS400, 'select * from
F4101') everything is OK
but when I try execute: select * from AS400.SXXXX.QGPL.F4101 (where
SXXXX is my machine no) - appears this error message
"Invalid schema or catalog specified for provider 'MSDASQL'.
I configured connection with my Linked Server using Enterprise Manager
and I'm using Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit) for this connection
(version 3.520.6526.0).
Anyone know how solve this problem?

Thanks!
Jacek

2. Linked server to sql server 6.5

3. Oracle Linked server error 7317: ...returned an invalid schema definition

4. what is the difference in the coding between adors!field and adors("field") ?

5. a lot invalid objects in sys schema

6. NEXT FIELD in AFTER ROW

7. sp_addlinkedserver Invalid schema

8. Invalid schema message with Paradox 4.x based Linked Server

9. Oracle ODBC Driver - Invalid Schema

10. schema error: invalid character

11. Recompile invalid procedures/functions without Schema Manager

12. SQL 7 Schema Reporting Tool