6.5 to 7 upgrade error

Post by Neal Lowre » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am attempting a computer to computer upgrade of a 6.5 database to 7.0.
Everything seems to be going great until it gets to the 'SQL Server Upgrade
Script Interpreter' screen. It displays 'Preparing SQL-DMO for upgrade' and
then pops up with another dialog titled 'Informational Files Found with
'Preparing SQL-DMO for upgrade.out' displayed. Then I'm dead. Why? I live a
good life. I haven't smoked cigarettes in three weeks. BS like this could
send me over the edge. Please help.

The odd part is I have done this before without any problem whatsoever. I
ran the upgrade from the same 6.5 db to a new 7.0 install on a different
computer (1) . No Problem. I attempt it on a new 7.0 install on a new
computer (2) and the above scenario appears.