VB DTS Custom Task can it be run concurrently

VB DTS Custom Task can it be run concurrently

Post by Simon Le » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 23:10:32

I have created a custom VB DTS task. I am using this custom task in
three seperate packages. Is it possible I can run these three seperate
packages each using the above custom DTS task simultaneously or not. I
could not understand what it meant by VB supports apartment modelling
and custom task as to run on main thread can somebody please elaborate
on this.

How can I get the same DTS custom task used in more than one package
to execute concurrently.

Thanks
Simon

VB DTS Custom Task can it be run concurrently

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 02:00:31

Custom Tasks written in VB are STA (single threaded apartment) components,
hence the reason they need to execute on the package main thread and since
you can only execute one thing on the main thread you can not execute VB
written custom tasks in parallel.

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2002 All rights reserved.

Quote:> I have created a custom VB DTS task. I am using this custom task in