Merge replication: The subscription to the publication is invalid

Merge replication: The subscription to the publication is invalid

Post by Yves » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 22:44:46

Hello,

I'm trying to set-up a replication between 2 SQL servers
(2000) over the internet. The publisher is behind a
firewall (port 1433 not open), the subscriber is too but
we opened port 1433 to communicate.
From the publisher, I push a new merge-subscription
towards the subscriber. It all works fine (snapshot is
created, schemes are initialized, ...) until (probably at
the end somewhere) I get the message :

'The subscription to the publication is invalid'

What is wrong ?

Kind regards,
Yves.

Merge replication: The subscription to the publication is invalid

Post by TSVK » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 06:04:55

Add the following arguments to merge agent commandline -output
<filename> -outputverboselevel 3 to debug the merge process.

Quote:> Hello,

> I'm trying to set-up a replication between 2 SQL servers
> (2000) over the internet. The publisher is behind a
> firewall (port 1433 not open), the subscriber is too but
> we opened port 1433 to communicate.
> From the publisher, I push a new merge-subscription
> towards the subscriber. It all works fine (snapshot is
> created, schemes are initialized, ...) until (probably at
> the end somewhere) I get the message :

> 'The subscription to the publication is invalid'

> What is wrong ?

> Kind regards,
> Yves.

1. Merge replication: the subscription to the publication is invalid

Hi,

I'm trying to set-up merge replication between 2 SQL servers
(2000).
From the publisher, I push a new merge-subscription
towards the subscriber. It all works fine (snapshot is
created, schemes are initialized, ...) until I get the message :

'The subscription to the publication is invalid'

I have set the OutVerboseLevel which give me some more info

Category:SQLSERVER
Source:  193.2.100.146
Number:  14010
Message: The remote server is not defined as a subscription server.

I have checked this out in sysservers and the remote server is marked as
defined as  a subscription server...

Any ideas???

Thanks

Richard

2. Oracle Systems Administrator needed in Dallas, TX

3. Merge Replication - Invalid Subscriptions

4. Excel files connecting to identical AS databases with different data

5. Merge Replication - Invalid subscription error when using more tables - help

6. merge replication, Please help

7. subscription to publication is invalid ??

8. eliminating rows in table a that appear in table b

9. The subscription to publication X is invalid

10. subscription to publication 'XXXX' is invalid

11. Subscription to publication 'x' is invalid

12. subscription to publication is invalid error

13. Subscription of Publication 'DATABASE' is invalid