Hope I got the right newsgroup.
We are having trouble getting server1 to talk to server2 (the SQL7) server.
When we setup the ODBC DSN on server1 it verifies and accesses the SQL7
server correctly with no errors. However when we call it from a web page ASP
we get the following error.
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '\'.
/wargames/home.asp, line 18
The \ above should be username wargames.
I noticed while running a trace on the SQL7 server that when we setup the
DSN on server1 through the NT control panel it logges on correctly using the
correct username BUT when accessed through the DSN and web page the username
is not parsed only internet information server is parsed and I think this is