Import Lotus Notes database

Post by Rob Nicholso » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:34:15

Can anyone give any advise on how to go about performing a one off import
from a Lotus Notes database into a SQL server database for us in a product
we're developing?

I have limited knowledge of the inner workings of Lotus Notes/Domino so I'm
not aware of what kind of export facilities it has.

What I was thinking of is some kind of export facility that sticks the data
"as is" into an intermediate format (or maybe straight into a SQL server
DB). We will then write an import script/program to take this intermediate
format and convert it into the format that our program uses.

Thanks, Rob.

Import Lotus Notes database

Post by DaveSat » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:20:02

AFAIK - Lotus created an ODBC driver for Notes that kind of stinks for
updating Notes db's using ODBC, but is ok for reading.  You may want to look
at Lotus' web site for it.
--
HTH,
David Satz

Quote:> Can anyone give any advise on how to go about performing a one off import
> from a Lotus Notes database into a SQL server database for us in a product
> we're developing?

> I have limited knowledge of the inner workings of Lotus Notes/Domino so
I'm
> not aware of what kind of export facilities it has.

> What I was thinking of is some kind of export facility that sticks the
data
> "as is" into an intermediate format (or maybe straight into a SQL server
> DB). We will then write an import script/program to take this intermediate
> format and convert it into the format that our program uses.

> Thanks, Rob.

Import Lotus Notes database

Post by Rob Nicholso » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:47:07

Quote:> AFAIK - Lotus created an ODBC driver for Notes that kind of stinks for
> updating Notes db's using ODBC, but is ok for reading.  You may want to
look
> at Lotus' web site for it.

Ahh yes - I found it. Notes SQL ODBC driver. Unfortunately, this kind of
assumes you have Lotus Domino Server which we don't....

But fortunately, Lotus offer a 90 day trial which is downloading now...

This does look like the best solution as we can use our normal tools (even
our own app) to suck the data out of the Notes database directly into SQL
server in the right format.

Thanks, Rob.

Import Lotus Notes database

Post by Rob Nicholso » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:37:09

Quote:> updating Notes db's using ODBC, but is ok for reading.  You may want to

look

And fortunately, we only want to read it.

Cheers, Rob.

Import Lotus Notes database

Post by DaveSat » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:50:07

Otherwise, there are people here that use LEI -
http://www.lotus.com/homepage.nsf/(search)/search?OpenDocument&lei - to move
data from Notes to SQL.

Quote:> > AFAIK - Lotus created an ODBC driver for Notes that kind of stinks for
> > updating Notes db's using ODBC, but is ok for reading.  You may want to
> look
> > at Lotus' web site for it.

> Ahh yes - I found it. Notes SQL ODBC driver. Unfortunately, this kind of
> assumes you have Lotus Domino Server which we don't....

> But fortunately, Lotus offer a 90 day trial which is downloading now...

> This does look like the best solution as we can use our normal tools (even
> our own app) to suck the data out of the Notes database directly into SQL
> server in the right format.

> Thanks, Rob.

1. OH-COLUMBUS-117208--Lotus Notes-Lotus Script-ORACLE-SQL-Web Development-Lotus Notes Developer

=
Company    : Technology Resources Inc.
Website    : http://www.tech-resource.com
Job Title  : Lotus Notes Developer
Location   : COLUMBUS, OH
Job Type   : Full-Time Salaried
============================
Technology Resources is a Tennessee based staffing and consulting firm
providing contract and permanent placement opportunities nationwide. We are
seeking individuals with the following skills and experience.

JobDesc: Skills: Lotus Scripting required. Oracle or SQL a plus. Details:
Senior level position available for an individual with a strong background in
Lotus Notes (LotusScript and/or ActiveX). Experience is preferred in Oracle or
SQL. Web development (Domino, etc) background is also desired. All applicants
must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.

Required Skills: Lotus Notes, Lotus Script, Oracle, SQL, Web Development

Position: part-time

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* Lotus Notes
* Lotus Script
* ORACLE
* SQL
* Web Development
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : 301216SJ

Fax No: 615-893-3946

** Post jobs for 30 days for $100, up to 250 postings $350/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City    *** ClassifiedsWarehouse

2. systestlog

3. GA-Atlanta-39261--Lotus Notes-Lotus Script-Domino-ORACLE-Lotus Notes Developer

4. Have you used POET / NeoAccess / other "OODBMS"?

5. definition of v$session

6. CD Label Templates

7. NC-Durham-254998--Lotus Notes-Windows NT-LAN/WAN-ORACLE-Lotus Notes Engineer

8. IL-Chicago-47739--Lotus Notes-Programming Skills-MS ACCESS-Visual Basic-RDBMS-Lotus Notes Programmer

9. Integration of Access with Lotus Notes or Oracle with Lotus Notes

10. Can Lotus Notes Databases be Imported into SQL?

11. Importing from Lotus Notes