procedure on how to upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

procedure on how to upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

Post by Alexander Fitterlin » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:21:08

Two days ago, I posted another article.

It was about how to upgrade from version 6.5 to 2000. Gianluca Hotz gave
me answer by pointing to an solution where I don't need to backup the
entire archive.

If I understood everything right, I could build up a new server on a
different machine and replicate there the old 6.5 server on the old
machine ? Is this right ? Where exactly could I get information about
this topic ?

Thank you, I am awaiting hints and replies.

Alexander Fitterling

procedure on how to upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

Post by Tony Rogerso » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:48:16

Not sure, but Gianluca will probably chip in here.

Have you looked at using the upgrade wizard?

--
Tony Rogerson SQL Server MVP
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd

Quote:> Two days ago, I posted another article.

> It was about how to upgrade from version 6.5 to 2000. Gianluca Hotz gave
> me answer by pointing to an solution where I don't need to backup the
> entire archive.

> If I understood everything right, I could build up a new server on a
> different machine and replicate there the old 6.5 server on the old
> machine ? Is this right ? Where exactly could I get information about
> this topic ?

> Thank you, I am awaiting hints and replies.

> Alexander Fitterling

procedure on how to upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

Post by Alexander Fitterlin » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 12:23:15

says...

Hi,

Quote:> Have you looked at using the upgrade wizard?

I haven't yet tested things physically. First I'd like to have clear
info, about what's going on, how I could resume or where errors may
possible. There been so many inquiries about missing upgrades to
sqlserver 2000 ...

Do you know any further hints. (I took already a look in the microsoft
support pages, but didn't find any information in particular)

A.Fitterling

procedure on how to upgrade from 6.5 to 2000

Post by Ananth Padmanabham [M » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:50:15

Alexander,
   You may want to check out the "How to Upgrade from SQL 6.5" whitepaper,
for detailed information on upgrade to SQL2K
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/howtoup.asp

Hope this helps,

Ananth Padmanabham
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.server
>Subject: procedure on how to upgrade from 6.5 to 2000
>Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:21:08 +0200

2002 09:42:49 GMT)

Quote:>Xref: cpmsftngxa08 microsoft.public.sqlserver.server:218760