int Field Larger than 2B

Post by Unes » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:58:19

Hi All,
I am working with integer variables that are larger than 2 billion. what kind of datatype I can use for my variables and for my table's field?
Thanks
Unes

* Sent via Developersdex http://www.devdev.com *
The Web Developers Index

int Field Larger than 2B

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:12:05

BIGINT in SQL Server 2000, otherwise you have to switch to NUMERIC.
-GertD

Quote:> Hi All,
> I am working with integer variables that are larger than 2 billion. what

kind of datatype I can use for my variables and for my table's field?
Quote:> Thanks
> Unes

> * Sent via Developersdex http://www.devdev.com *
> The Web Developers Index

1. Selecting small subset of records from large using Int field and Like statement

HI,

I am trying to populate a table (using an insert into statement) from a
larger identical table.  What I would like to do is use the primary key
field "ID" which is an Integer.  The problem I am having is that I can't
use the Like clause on the Int field.  This is my query:

Insert INTO work_table SELECT * FROM Original_Table WHERE ID Like %00

The LIKE %00 should give me every 100th record which will yield a good
cross section of the original database.  The original database contains 1.7
million records.

The problem is the query errors out due to the ID field being Int with the
wild card like statement.

If anyone knows how to get this to work or has a better method for getting
a representative sample from one table to another I would love the help.

Please reply by e-mail as well as NNTP.

Thanks in advance,

Keith Knostman
Lecentre, Inc.

2. access to sql

3. HELP install 4.2b on Large drives

4. Unable to load locale categories - Please help

5. select Year from Int where Int.Year >= p_From and Int.Year <= p_To

6. Changig from /opt to /db/i_01

7. Concatenating datetime field and int field to make a date time

8. MSDB system database very large

9. Field Reference in Progress 8.2B

10. How do I get largest INT?

11. Converting Bytes(?) to Int / Int to Bytes

12. Problems with field contents larger than field length definition

13. don't get the decimal value when dividing int by int