How to Upgrade the Evaluation Edition of SQL 2K to Licensed Edition ?

How to Upgrade the Evaluation Edition of SQL 2K to Licensed Edition ?

Post by tiger m » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I run the Evaluation Edition of SQL2K for a while. Recently we bought a
licensed version of SQL2K.  How could I upgrad the Evaluation Edition to
Licensed Version ?

Thanks.

Post by Tim Gordon-Jone » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Quote:-----Original Message-----

Hi,

I run the Evaluation Edition of SQL2K for a while. Recently we bought a
licensed version of SQL2K.  How could I upgrad the Evaluation Edition to
Licensed Version ?

Thanks.

.
I believe it is possible install over the existing installation.  However, backup
your databases BEFOREHAND and as soon as you run into problems remove old
installation and install new one, then recover the dbs.

How to Upgrade the Evaluation Edition of SQL 2K to Licensed Edition ?

Post by Mike Maringa » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Setup in the licensed version of sql will recognize eval as an upgradeable
product.  Run setup and pick the maintain/upgrade option and go through
steps to upgrade.  The confirmation page in this type of upgrade will say
"upgrade your programs" vs. in a version upgrade where it will say "upgrade
your programs and DATA". It will only take a few seconds and doesn't touch
your data.

Quote:> Hi,

> I run the Evaluation Edition of SQL2K for a while. Recently we bought a
> licensed version of SQL2K.  How could I upgrad the Evaluation Edition to
> Licensed Version ?

> Thanks.

1. Problem in upgrading expired SQL 2000 Evaluation Edition to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

Hi friends,

Im have done my Uni final year project using SQL 2000 evalauation edition,
now  the evaluation edition had expired, I had search the web for the
solution and found this article
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/5/74.ASP but it says,
run the setup from a retail version of SQL 2000 CD and Select the "Upgrade
your existing installation" option. When i run the setup using the developer
edition, that option was disabled in the setup screen, i only can either do
a New Instance setup or Advance setup.

Can anyone pls help me out in this, i need to recover my database so badly..

Thanking in advance
muraly

2. Migration between NewEra2.x and NewEra3.0

3. upgrading from evaluation edition to developer edition

4. 18272-MN-MINNEAPOLIS-Communication Skills-UNIX-Windows NT-Novell-ORACLE-SYBASE-I

5. Upgrading SQL 2K Eval to SQL 2K Standard Edition

6. Reading system registry?

7. SQL 2k evaluation edition

8. Dynamic generating of Calculated-Fields in Delphi 3.0

9. Applying SP 1 to SQL Server 2k Evaluation edition

10. SQL Server 2k Enterprise Edition x Processor License

11. SQL 2K Developer Edition Licensing

12. Upgrading SQL server standard edition to enterprise edition