VBSQL

Post by David A. Watso » Wed, 06 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I'm writing a program in VB 4.0 16bit, using SQL Server 6.5 and vbsql.vbx.
After executing the function SQLINIT successfully, I execute
SQLOpenConnection.  However, I always receive the following error:

10004 - Unable to Connect, SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist.
Too many open file handles.

I've ran the program on a different PC and still receive the error.

The program explicitly opens one file, which is an access 2.0 database.
Also, I use the built VB functions to read from the registry.

Furthermore,  I can open query.mak sample project that comes with vbsql
with no problem.  I can enter in the server name, and receive results from
a query without receiving the error.

Any suggestions on how to avoid the error?

Thanks,
David

1. SQL Server VBSQL.OCX - VBSQL.BAS

Hi,

I have a program written in VB4.0(16 bit) using VBSQL.VBX. Now I use
VB4.0(32bit)  with VBSQL.OCX but I think that I need a new vbsql.bas file.

Is that correct and where can I find it?

Thanks,

JP

2. Could not resolve service name ORA-12154

3. VBSQL and SQLServer6.5 - Missing VBSQL.BAS???

4. BULK INSERT, HELP!!!!

5. replay vbsql.vbx with vbsql.ocx

6. Need VBSQL.OCX and VBSQL.BAS

7. VBSQL and SQLServer6.5 - Missing VBSQL.BAS???

8. finding vbsql.ocx & vbsql.bas

9. VBSQL.VBX -> VBSQL.OCX

10. HELP.. Where to find VBSQL and VBSQL.bas?