delete data in dts

Post by Yulin » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 04:18:06

HI,

In DTS, I setup deletion on one table, and the connection
ID in DTS is A user.  I also setup a job to run this DTS,
for example,

exec master..xp_cmdshell 'dtsrun -S Server -U A -P xxx -N
dts_name'

I already grant A user to have full right on this table,
but the job log still complain the permission.  After
grant public role with this permission, then job run
successfully.

What's the issue here?

Thank you for your help.
Yuling

delete data in dts

Post by Allan Mitchel » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 05:17:55

Have a read of this

INF: How to Run a DTS Package as a Scheduled Job
PSS ID Number: Q269074
Article Last Modified on 09-25-2002

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA

Quote:> HI,