copy one table's data to another

Post by Giann » Tue, 08 May 2001 01:42:36

hello
what is the easiest way to copy one table's data to another ?

thank you
Gianni

copy one table's data to another

Post by Alistair Hopkinso » Tue, 08 May 2001 03:25:43

Try this one, it will careate a copy of the table without indexes keys etc

use pubs

select * into #temp
from authors

Quote:> hello
> what is the easiest way to copy one table's data to another ?

> thank you
> Gianni

1. Copy/Saving a recordset from one data table to another table

Hi all, I've been trying to come up with a method of copying a set of
records from one table to a second table. I am using VB and ADO 2.5
and accessing Foxpro database tables. My connection string to the
source table is

makeCNNStr = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security
Info=False;Mode=ReadWrite;Extended Properties=" & Chr(34) &
"DSN=Visual FoxPro Tables;UID=;SourceDB=" & cnnPath &
";SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFetch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;"
& Chr(34)

I open the connection and get a record set with "select * from
employee". The destination table is identical in structure to the
source in structure but does not have the same indexing (otherwise, I
would simply copy the table files).

I've been reading newsgroups on this problem and have seen the
suggestion to use Insert into employee select * from sourceTable. It
does not work with Foxpro tables. I get a syntax error no matter what
I've tried.

I've tried cloning. It does create a second recordset. I do not know
how to connect it to the destination data table (already created and
empty).

If anyone can help with the proper sequence of steps, it would be
hugely appreciated.

Mark Ryan
Safe Passage International

2. Returning a full cursor record from procedure

3. copying one column's data to another

4. Roles

5. why cann't i copy an image datatype from one table to another

6. Simultaneous ODBC connections to the same source

7. SQL Server - How to copy table's indexes from one database to another

8. comp.databases.olap Charter

9. Update one table's data from another table

10. Best Way To Copy Data From One Table to another in the same database

11. Stored Procedures - copy data from one table to another

12. Copy data from one table to another

13. Copying a column of data from one table to another