sp_makewebtask - saving to network drive

sp_makewebtask - saving to network drive

Post by Daniel Blancha » Tue, 10 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I have a nightly sp_makewebtask running, and I would like to save
the output file to a network drive.  When I map a drive from the
machine with the SQL server and attempt to save it to that drive,
it gives me an error (unable to create output file).  Also, when
I try to use \\SERVER\c$ it still won't let me.  Any solutions to
get this file over the desired drive, without spawning a shell
script?

Also, I was having problems using a stored procedure in sp_makewebtask,
with query = 'My_Stored_Procedure' -- is there another syntax
I should be using?

thanks for your time.

-dan

--

     http://homepage.interaccess.com/~blanchar

Post by Dave Rensi » Tue, 10 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I have a nightly sp_makewebtask running, and I would like to save
> the output file to a network drive.  When I map a drive from the
> machine with the SQL server and attempt to save it to that drive,
> it gives me an error (unable to create output file).  Also, when
> I try to use \\SERVER\c$ it still won't let me.  Any solutions to
> get this file over the desired drive, without spawning a shell
> script?

> Also, I was having problems using a stored procedure in sp_makewebtask,
> with query = 'My_Stored_Procedure' -- is there another syntax
> I should be using?

> thanks for your time.

> -dan

> --

>      http://homepage.interaccess.com/~blanchar

Dan,

        Try query = 'exec my_procedure_name'. sp_makewebtask actually makes a
stored procedure in the background so the error is most likely that you
are trying to call an SP that is does not have an EXEC and is not the
first line in the script..

                -dave :-)

Dave Rensin
Consulting Manager
Noblestar Systems Corp.

Co-author: SQL Server 6.5 SECRETS (IDG Books)

1. sp_makewebtask to Network Drive

I want to use sp_makewebtask to read a template and output an HTML file
on an external drive connected via a LAN.  According to the docs, you
should be able to do this, but I haven't had any success.

I tried mapping a drive and using a universal name (like //xxx/C$/...).
I am able to read and create the file names I want through Explorer and
DOS, but not with sp_makewebtask.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

2. How do I get there

3. Map drive (saving files on the network)

4. DBA needed, Denver

5. script to save a *.csv file to a mapped network drive

6. What's wrong with this statement? (7.3.4.5.0)

7. 2.6a, NT4.0 and "Network error on drive <network drive>"

8. NT Authentication for SQL Server 6.5

9. Cannot save format or project file on Drive F:

10. Save an image data type field to a hard drive

11. File save to tape drive - how?

12. Network drive connection in DTS

13. additional hard drives on network