Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Post by Scott Prug » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

When using Excel 2000 to create a local .cub file, the calculated members
measures don't seem to come through to the .cub file.

Does anyone know why this is or how to remedy this?

Regards,
    Scott

Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Post by ashomro » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Scott -

Unfortunately, OLAP Server does not support calculated members
in local cubes!!!

I suffer from this too...

Sorry,

Adar Shomron
Panorama Software Systems Ltd.

Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Post by Amir Net » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

SP2 solves this problem. You can include calculated members in local cubes.

Quote:> Scott -

> Unfortunately, OLAP Server does not support calculated members
> in local cubes!!!

> I suffer from this too...

> Sorry,

> Adar Shomron
> Panorama Software Systems Ltd.

*

Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Post by ashomro » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Amir -

When will SP2 be released???

Adar.

Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Post by Dennis Redfiel » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have installed the BETA version of SP2 - I don't see any calculated
measures in the local cube -
do you know something about SP2 that we don't?

thanks

Quote:> SP2 solves this problem. You can include calculated members in local
cubes.

Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Post by Sergey Kuzem » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm also have installed SP2 and when I try to use COMMAND [CREATE MEMBER
<CalcMember> ...] I have got error message "Invalid pointer". Amir, which
SP2 are you talk about?

Serge Kuzema

> I have installed the BETA version of SP2 - I don't see any calculated
> measures in the local cube -
> do you know something about SP2 that we don't?

> thanks

> > SP2 solves this problem. You can include calculated members in local
> cubes.

Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Post by Lars Gramar » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Local cubes are created by the Pivottable service. You must install
SP2 on the client that creates the local cube.

/Lars Gramark

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:12:05 +0200, "Sergey Kuzema"

>I'm also have installed SP2 and when I try to use COMMAND [CREATE MEMBER
><CalcMember> ...] I have got error message "Invalid pointer". Amir, which
>SP2 are you talk about?

>Serge Kuzema

>> I have installed the BETA version of SP2 - I don't see any calculated
>> measures in the local cube -
>> do you know something about SP2 that we don't?

>> thanks

>> > SP2 solves this problem. You can include calculated members in local
>> cubes.

Calculated Members Don't Come through in .cub file

Post by ashomro » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Amir -

Will SP2 also allow me to create a local cube based on a virtual
cube in my OLAP Server???

TIA