database missing at "Enterprise manager"

database missing at "Enterprise manager"

Post by Khor Gaik Ben » Sat, 19 May 2001 18:02:21

Hi

I'm running SQL7 on win2K

I did the re-install of SQL and found that all the database was missing from
"Enterprise Manager", but found at .../data directory, how to make it appear
back.

tq

database missing at "Enterprise manager"

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 19 May 2001 18:20:42

Read about in Books Online about sp_attach_db.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil & others at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

Quote:> Hi

> I'm running SQL7 on win2K

> I did the re-install of SQL and found that all the database was missing from
> "Enterprise Manager", but found at .../data directory, how to make it appear
> back.

> tq

database missing at "Enterprise manager"

Post by Shank » Sat, 19 May 2001 20:15:23

DO like this

sp_attach_db should only be executed on databases that were previously
detached from the database server using an explicit sp_detach_db operation.
If more than 16 files must be specified, use CREATE DATABASE with the FOR
ATTACH clause.

If you attach a database to a server other than the server from which the
database was detached, and the detached database was enabled for
replication, you should run sp_removedbreplication to remove replication
from the database.

Permissions
Only members of the sysadmin and dbcreator fixed server roles can execute
this procedure.

Examples
This example attaches two files from pubs to the current server.

Server\MSSQL\Data\pubs.mdf',

Server\MSSQL\Data\pubs_log.ldf'

bye
shanks

Quote:> Hi

> I'm running SQL7 on win2K

> I did the re-install of SQL and found that all the database was missing
from
> "Enterprise Manager", but found at .../data directory, how to make it
appear
> back.

> tq

database missing at "Enterprise manager"

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Sun, 20 May 2001 00:11:42

Khor,

did you restore master ?

Dinesh.

1. Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?  I am having the same
issue but only on one client running enterprise manager.  I have even
gone so far as to completely uninstall and reinstall.  If anyone has any
info, please reply or send me an email at

Originally posted by Dave
to re-install SQL Server or even Windows 2000

2. License Question

3. "suspect" tags in SQL Enterprise Manager

4. Date Comparision Query Taking too long-- A different problem.

5. Reinstall "Enterprise manager"?????

6. ADO Speed Over DialUp Network

7. No "Destination" in Enterprise manager

8. pgsql/src/backend/access/transam xlog.c

9. "Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

10. Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

11. Enterprise Manager "Error"

12. Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager