Login Failed For User '\'

Post by Brian A. Glebe » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have two NTServers.  One running IIS 4.0 with Cold Fusion Enterprise 4.5.
Another running SQL Server 7.0.  When I load a .cfm file from the webserver,
I get a ODBC error saying Login failed for user '\'.  on the SQL Server.  I
am using NT Authinication.  How do I get the IIS server to send the domain
and username?  Or is it ODBC that is not sending the correct username and
pword?  I've been trying to solve this problem for 3 days.  If anyone can
help, please do.

Thanks,
Brian

Login Failed For User '\'

Post by Ivan Santhumayo » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Are both the machines on the same domain. Also, note that the .cfm program will
use the credentials of the userid running the IIS webserver.
Could you login as the IIS login manually to the IIS server and do a simple:
NET USE \\<sqlserver host>\\IPC$

If this fails, then you may have to setup a trust relationship across the 2
domains.
If it works, then it could be a different problem.
I do remember seeing this problem, a while ago (not from a web server though),
and somehow i had managed to resolve it.

> I have two NTServers.  One running IIS 4.0 with Cold Fusion Enterprise 4.5.
> Another running SQL Server 7.0.  When I load a .cfm file from the webserver,
> I get a ODBC error saying Login failed for user '\'.  on the SQL Server.  I
> am using NT Authinication.  How do I get the IIS server to send the domain
> and username?  Or is it ODBC that is not sending the correct username and
> pword?  I've been trying to solve this problem for 3 days.  If anyone can
> help, please do.

> Thanks,
> Brian

1. Login failed for user '\'.

I'm using this to make a connection to SQL server 7.0. On my test station
everything works fine.
<%ConnStr = "dsn=aa;uid=bb;pwd=cc;"
%> <%Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.ConnectionTimeout = 15
conn.CommandTimeout = 30
Conn.Open ConnStr
%>

But on our server i get this error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '\'.

this seams to be no security error, gott'a be a kind of those generic error
messages.
Do i have to have my server name and provider in my connection string? Any
help?

2. Server Timeout error....?

3. LINKED SERVER (Login Failed For User '\')

4. Oracle DBA's needed in Minneapolis,MN

5. Login failed for user '\'

6. Access 95/97 and Btrieve

7. Newbie question!

8. Login failed for user '\'.