ODBC System DSNs not visible on workstation

ODBC System DSNs not visible on workstation

Post by Chris Skorlinski ( » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:37:57

Hi Sharon

I've not seen this before but you might want to check the Registry to make
verify your System DSNs.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI

Perhaps there is a profile limiting access.  Do you have the same problem
with User DSN?

Best of Luck,

Chris Skorlinski, MCDBA
Microsoft SQL Server Support

1. ODBC system DSN not visible after creation

Hi,

When I create a new system DSN in the ODBC Data Source Administrator
(settings -> control panel) , the new system DSN is not visible there after
creation.
When I try to create it again, I get the message that it already exists.
I don't know how to solve this visibility problem.

Please help me ...

Regards
Cindy Segers

2. Creating a temp table

3. Problem: Jet 3.51 addnew updates to Foxpro 2.6 tables not visible to workstations on Network

4. Response time of queries

5. SQLDataSources Not returning System DSNs

6. Caching RecordSet Records

7. URGENT: System DSNs and Windows 2000 - Not found

8. Return value from SPs

9. Dynamically creating SQL Server 7 ODBC System DSNs

10. picture visible / not visible

11. SQL Database not visible from ODBC Administrator

12. Data not visible using ODBC

13. Intersolv Oracle 7 ODBC driver not visible in BDE