DTS pVarPersistStgOfHost

Post by Matt » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:39:12

Hi,
I am creating a VB utility using the LoadFromStorageFile and SaveToSQLServer
methods for bulk moving DTS packages.  The program works fine but the
package layout changes.  There is a parameter pVarPersistStgOfHost but I do
not know how to use it.  Please Help.
Cheers, Matt

DTS pVarPersistStgOfHost

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:26:16

writes
Quote:>Hi,
>I am creating a VB utility using the LoadFromStorageFile and SaveToSQLServer
>methods for bulk moving DTS packages.  The program works fine but the
>package layout changes.  There is a parameter pVarPersistStgOfHost but I do
>not know how to use it.  Please Help.
>Cheers, Matt

You cannot use it. The layout info is generated by the designer tool,
and is not available any other way.

Assuming these are local a packages and layout is important, then
transfer directly between sysdtspackages. More info on my site or FAQ.

--
Darren Green
SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

1. DTS pVarPersistStgOfHost

Hi,
I am creating a VB utility using the LoadFromStorageFile and SaveToSQLServer
methods for bulk moving DTS packages.  They program works fine but the
package layout changes.  There is a parameter pVarPersistStgOfHost but I do
not know how to use it.  Please Help.
Cheers, Matt

2. a powerful DBA tool for ORACLE (free)

3. DTS - Runnung DTS inside DTS.

4. Slow connection on some clients, fast on others :(

5. Creating Temporary Tables

6. DTS problem SQL7->DTS->Excel->DTS->SQL7

7. Linked Server - Read only

8. DTS Log/Executing DTS from stored procedure

9. Dts packge running another dts package fails

10. Calling DTS package from DTS package

11. DTS transfer question on dynamic execution of DTS package

12. Run a DTS package from another DTS package