cannot detach due to replication

Post by Seing Chea » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:44:51

hello,

It seems that I can not longer detach any databases in my
SQL2000 sp2 box. The error I am getting says that it is
setup for replication and I know I am not replicating the
database I want to detach. Has it got anything to do witht
the Repldata folderor something getting corrupted? I want
to know how I can detach databases again. Please help.
Thanks.

Seing

cannot detach due to replication

Post by Abdu » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:31:08

Hi Seing,
Run  the sp_removedbreplication databaseName on the
database.

Abdu

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>hello,

>It seems that I can not longer detach any databases in my
>SQL2000 sp2 box. The error I am getting says that it is
>setup for replication and I know I am not replicating the
>database I want to detach. Has it got anything to do
witht
>the Repldata folderor something getting corrupted? I want
>to know how I can detach databases again. Please help.
>Thanks.

>Seing
>.

1. Cannot open user default database - Detach/Attach DB

I wanted to relocate the log file of a user database on
one of our SQL Servers.  So I detached the database using
the following SQL statement:
     sp_detach_db 'TPE_V2'
I then relocated the log file from the E:\ drive of the
server to the D:\ drive.  And then I attached, well I
believe I did, the database using the following SQL
statement:

N'E:\MSSQL2K\MSSQL\Data\TPE_V2_Data.mdf',

N'E:\MSSQL2K\MSSQL\Data\TPE_V2_1_Data.ndf',

N'D:\MSSQL2K\MSSQL\Data\TPE_V2_Log.ldf'
After executing that statement, I lost my connection to
the server and I can't connect to it from the server
itself either.  The following is the error msg I receive:
     Unable to connect to server ********
     Server: Msg 4064, Level 16, State 1

2. SQL 92

3. cannot drop column due to dependencies

4. ODBC FILE LISTING

5. Cannot create db's due to 5177 errors

6. Problem of recorset update.

7. Cannot Insert due to set options...please help

8. Create standart value using ADOX for database Access

9. Cannot delete rows due to MSmerge_tombstone issue

10. Cannot install due to ODBC error?

11. SQL 6.5 sp5a Cannot Register Server in SEM Due to Insufficient Memory

12. Cannot process cubes due to missing module

13. Cannot BACKUP LOG due to NONLOGGED update