Merge Replication deleting records

Post by thussai » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:59:14

I have merge replication setup between two server running SQL server 2000 on
Windows NT 2000 servers with pull subscription at remote office. All the update is done at only remote location.The users are
using application which is written in VB 6.
My users start reporting me that they are losing data. After reviewing the code
of the application I couldn't find anything and I am suspecting it is the Merge
replication which is deleting data. However I am not sure why or how to find it. I checked my
refrential integrity and found out all looks ok.

Please help. I am not sure what is going on.

Thanks
Tanweer

* Sent via Developersdex.com http://www.developersdex.com *
The Web Developers Index

Merge Replication deleting records

Post by Karne » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:34:15

Check your triggers from both site. Or it could be something from your
application that trigger the deletion.

Karnelia

[...]

Post by TSVK » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:01:26

 check to see if you have any conflicts.

TSVK.

> Check your triggers from both site. Or it could be something from your
> application that trigger the deletion.

> Karnelia

> I have merge replication setup between two server running SQL server 2000
on
> Windows NT 2000 servers with pull subscription at remote office. All the
> update is done at only remote location.The users are
> using application which is written in VB 6.
> My users start reporting me that they are losing data. After reviewing the
> code
> of the application I couldn't find anything and I am suspecting it is the
> Merge
> replication which is deleting data. However I am not sure why or how to
find
> it. I checked my
> refrential integrity and found out all looks ok.

> Please help. I am not sure what is going on.

> Thanks
> Tanweer

> * Sent via Developersdex.com http://www.developersdex.com *
> The Web Developers Index

1. Merge replication deleting records on subscriber after sync

I am running a SQL 2000 app with a pull subscription to SQL CE. Everything
is okay but my concern is that I am going to run out of memory space on the
device. What I would like to do is to delete the records on the device after
the user syncs. What I was thinking of doing was to write a trigger that
inserts a record on the publication to a second master table and then delete
the record

Any Ideas

Paul

2. Comparing Paradox and FoxPro

3. URGET !!Merge Replication deleting records

4. 18115-NY-NEW YORK-ORACLE-DBA Skills-Oracle DBA

5. Merge Replication deleting records intermittently

6. PostgreSQL Book, standards inquiry.

7. Merge Replication Deleting Records

8. Help, QAD MFG/PRO 8.6e and Progress 8.3B

9. Merge replication deletes new records on device

10. Records getting deleted in merge replication on Synchronization after applying S

11. Conflicts in merge replication, records deleted

12. merge replication doesn't merge records

13. Handling of Deletes in Merge Replication