HELP for 2.0 Upsizing tool

Post by Rodolfo Rugh » Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Do you know where can I find Access 2.0 upsizing tool ?

Can you e-mail me this tool ?

Thank you.

Rodolfo Rughi
via Mozart, 1
06024 - Gubbio (PG)
Italia

1. Access Upsizing Tool: Can't upsize tables with OLE field

Since I posted my last article. I have conducted further test with a single table import.
I have stripped all the fields in this table, except for the id field and the OLE field
and did another import. I got the same type of error message: UT_Copydata - Server Error
0: Timeout expired.

This lead me to think that there are some fundamental difference between the OLE field in
MS Access 7.0 and the image field in SQL 6.5.

Any insigt on this issue?

Thanks

Jian Huang

===============================
My original article follows:
I have a database of about 12MB, of which a major table consumes about
10MB. This table has an OLE field, which contains arbitrary objects.

In the process of upsizing into an SQL 6.5 database, it took several
minutes for the AUT to transfer the table structure and data and
eventually failed with and error message:

Server timeout expired.

I don't know if the server timeout parameter can be viewed/set from the
server manager. Looking through SQL KB pages of Microsoft Web site, a
few stored procedures strike: sp_configure, sp_serveroption and
dbsettime(). I don't know whether they are relevent and if so, how can
can set them.

Thanks

2. ADO and NULL value

3. Upsizing tool and relationships help needed

4. upgrading RPM query

5. Access Upsize Tool does not work, please Help

6. retrieving field values in Access

7. help: How to use access upsizing tool to change access database to sql database

8. big table?

9. HELP!!!need...Microsoft Access97 Upsizing Tool...

10. How to upsize access 2.0 to Sql Server 6.5

11. Access 2.0 to SQL-Server Upsizing Wizard

12. The best way to upsize from Access 2.0 to SQL Server

13. Upsizing from Access 2.0 to SQL Server 6.5