SQL Error -- Snapshot Agent in Merge Replication

SQL Error -- Snapshot Agent in Merge Replication

Post by Gadal » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

HI

I have a multiple subscriber to single piblisher internet based replication
(merge).

The initial replication works fine (usually). I have 2 problems:
1. After the initial subscription, the next update destroys data changes
made at the subscriber and re-downloads the schema.

2. After a few (between 5 - 20) replications (from different subscribers) I
get the following error: Can not retrieve file ... bookings.sch from ftp
site. (Subscriber)

The second error is of great concern, as NO subscriber can then retrieve
information and attempting to retrieve agent status causes the Publisher
side error. The Publisher has only 1 publication, and is running SP1.

Regards
Dallas Wright

1. Merge Replication - Error for Snapshot Agent

I am running the Enterprise Manager wizrds to set up Merge Replication
in a SQL 7.0 environment.  Two oddities have come up that are preventing
success.

1) The wizard is not adding the RowGuid column to each table involved in
a published article.

2) The Snapshot Agent is failing with an error saying that the index
already exists for this table.  The index is for the RowGuid column just
added by the wizard.

We are publishing close to a thousand articles.  Am I running into a
limitation of EM?  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed?

TIA

Steve Hendricks, MCSD

2. data length error

3. Merge Replication - SNAPSHOT agent fails with sa login

4. Maximum Shared Addressable Memory in ASE 12.0 and 12.5

5. Snapshot agent failure in Merge Replication

6. VFP3.0b - Does method fire pre- or post- code snippet...?

7. Merge Replication Snapshot Agent

8. Interbase DATE fields & comparisons

9. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

10. snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

11. Replication error (Snapshot agent won't run)

12. Replication error at the end of the completion of the snapshot agent: ConnectionRead (recv())

13. Snapshot Agent error in Transactional replication