re-entry to Text File Destination icon causes closure of DTS package

re-entry to Text File Destination icon causes closure of DTS package

Post by Shaun Stuar » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I've got a couple DTS packages that export data from a table into a Text
file destination. It seems once I have the thing set up and have run it a
few times, I can no longer go back into the text file destination properties
to look at or change them. If I double-click the text file destination icon,
the whole package design window closes. Has anyone else encountered this?

Shaun

re-entry to Text File Destination icon causes closure of DTS package

Post by Bill » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Yep,

This is a known issue that's fixed in SP1. It occurs on text file
connections that have a large number of columns.

Quote:> I've got a couple DTS packages that export data from a table into a Text
> file destination. It seems once I have the thing set up and have run it a
> few times, I can no longer go back into the text file destination
properties
> to look at or change them. If I double-click the text file destination
icon,
> the whole package design window closes. Has anyone else encountered this?

> Shaun

1. Use ftp site as a destination for a text file in DTS package

Elaine, you can't directly upload a file to an FTP server, using DTS. I
would suggest you to save the output to a local file. Then in the next step,
FTP that file to the server using some command line tool or an ActiveX
control.
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

I am trying to create a DTS package to copy query result
to a text file on a ftp site.  However, the Import and
Export wizard gave me error message to show that the
destination is incorrect.  Does anyone have experience on
that?  Thanks a lot in advance.

2. How can I turnoff user inneaction for errors

3. DTS package with text file destination: unable to change columns definition

4. Move from Access to VB

5. Delete in a DTS-Package the old destination file before export in it

6. NJ-Hazlet-55167--C-UNIX-ORACLE-Tuxedo-DBA Skills-Software/Programmer

7. DTS Package Designer - Change Destination/Source File Name Dynamically

8. ODBC Drivers and SQL Server Date Error

9. Dynamically Changing the Destination File Name in a DTS Package

10. Renaming the text file name as either a source or destination in DTS

11. DTS to destination text file containing headers / footers

12. Text file destination truncation in DTS

13. Renaming the text file name as either a source or destination in DTS