VB Functions in Formulas of Crystal Reports

VB Functions in Formulas of Crystal Reports

Post by Claudia Traunfellne » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00

I am using Crystal Reports V4.6 in an VB application (V5.0). Does anybody
know if it is possible to use VB functions or Subroutines in a formula of
the crystal report object ? I want to convert a database field using a
convertion table in a file before it is printed.

Another Question:
Is it possible to add or remove fields and their headers at runtime ?

Thanks in advance,
Claudia Traunfellner

--

please cut .NoJunk from the email adress

-----
Claudia Traunfellner
alfa Integrierte Systeme

VB Functions in Formulas of Crystal Reports

Post by marco padiern » Mon, 01 Jun 1998 04:00:00

As much as I know about Crystal Reports, it  isn't possible to make CR to
"parse" VB' formulas into a report. Instead, I use to build a temporary
table with all the data ready to use (i.e. conversions, formula results and
so on) and feed the report with it.

Marco

VB Functions in Formulas of Crystal Reports

Post by Webuse » Fri, 05 Jun 1998 04:00:00

You can send a formula to a CR Object. I did it in CR6. I am not sure with
CR5.
In your ASP code you can send selection formula to a CRObject so it can be
view according to
the selection formula.

Regards,

Eddy Siauwidjaja

Quote:>As much as I know about Crystal Reports, it  isn't possible to make CR to
>"parse" VB' formulas into a report. Instead, I use to build a temporary
>table with all the data ready to use (i.e. conversions, formula results and
>so on) and feed the report with it.

>Marco

1. VB Functions in Formulas of Crystal Reports

I am using Crystal Reports V4.6 in an VB application (V5.0). Does anybody
know if it is possible to use VB functions or Subroutines in a formula of
the crystal report object ? I want to convert a database field using a
convertion table in a file before it is printed.

Another Question:
Is it possible to add or remove fields and their headers at runtime ?

Thanks in advance,
Claudia Traunfellner

--

please cut .NoJunk from the email adress

-----
Claudia Traunfellner
alfa Integrierte Systeme

2. FM4 (M/W) Help with count(repeating field) command

3. HELP: Crystal Reports - recursive formulas/functions?

4. Database Components utilisation pros & cons

5. Problem with passing formula from VB to Crystal Report

6. Global Variables in Execute SQL Task

7. Formula for Crystal Report via VB

8. convert access 97 to sql server 2000

9. formula in crystal report

10. HELP with selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports

11. Formulas in Crystal Report 4.6 ActiveX, 2°

12. Crystal Report Formula Help

13. How to save formulas in Crystal Reports?