SQL 7, Window 2000, Connection problem

Post by Sharpline » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

i have a database in a remote machine within the company's network. In
My local machine, i installed Window 2000 and SQL 7.0 Enterprise Ed. I
had setup my Enterprise Manager to connect to the database. But
everytime i try to connect to it, my hard drive got busy for 10 to 40
seconds before it successfully connected, and it will continue to do
that everytime i try to click every element within that database. No
error message occurs, the hard drive just "grind" for few seconds.

Raymond

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. SQL 7.0 desktop connection problem on windows 2000 prof

I have installed the standard edition evaluation SQL server 7.0 on to
windows 2000 profession edition operating system.   I selected the desk top
components installation.  I am not able to determine the name of the server
to register.  Is it the name of my computer?   I usually login as
Administrator with password sa.  Is this the proper way to make the
connection?

please help

error:
specified server cannot be found connectionOpen()

2. Storing a MS-Word file into an Oracle blob field, retreive it and display it into an OLEContainer

3. SQL Server 7.0 Connection Problems (Windows 2000)

4. GOSIP

5. ADO Connection Problem and Windows 2000 - multiuser problem

6. Volume Format Error

7. sql 2000 iis 5 ado database connection problem -- connections slow

8. Connection problem please help

9. Install Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional

10. Problems with SQL 2000, Windows 2000 AS, and Multiple NIC cards

11. Problems to Install SQL 2000 Enterprise on Windows 2000 SP3

12. Sql 2000 setup problem on Windows 2000

13. Multithreading Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000