Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

Post by Jaso » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:44:17

I have an application developed on a Windows 2000 Pro OS using Visual Basic
6.0.  The application uses ADODB ( Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6
Library ) connection to a SQL Server 2000 database.

I am using the Package and Deployment wizard to install this application on
client PC's.  The client machines are also Windows 2000 Pro of roughly the
same
configuration.

The client app cannot connect to the SQL server.  I get an error #7259
(Unspecified error).   Are there some specific files that the PD Wizard
isn't including for my
application to be able to access a SQL2000 server?  The app works on any
client apps that have SQL
Enterprise Manager installed on them so it must be missing the support
files?

I have read about including a DSN registry key, however the computer I am
developing on does not have the appropriate key for me to export and use in
the installation. Does anyone know how I should include SQL2000 support for
my application?

Thank you,
Jason.

Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

Post by oj » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:46:22

if you connect to sqlserver via ado, the only thing you need is mdac. if
your app requires sqldmo, you have to include the library for it. check
redist.txt on the cd for more info regarding dmo distribution.

--
-oj
http://www.rac4sql.net

Quote:> I have an application developed on a Windows 2000 Pro OS using Visual
Basic
> 6.0.  The application uses ADODB ( Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6
> Library ) connection to a SQL Server 2000 database.

> I am using the Package and Deployment wizard to install this application
on
> client PC's.  The client machines are also Windows 2000 Pro of roughly the
> same
> configuration.

> The client app cannot connect to the SQL server.  I get an error #7259
> (Unspecified error).   Are there some specific files that the PD Wizard
> isn't including for my
> application to be able to access a SQL2000 server?  The app works on any
> client apps that have SQL
> Enterprise Manager installed on them so it must be missing the support
> files?

> I have read about including a DSN registry key, however the computer I am
> developing on does not have the appropriate key for me to export and use
in
> the installation. Does anyone know how I should include SQL2000 support
for
> my application?

> Thank you,
> Jason.

1. Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

Hello All!

I got the following message while installing a Packaged VB Application into
a NT Workstation 4.0:

"The file 'C:\Winnt\System32\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered
because it was not found".

Does anyone saw this message before and know how to fix it?
Do "Package & Deployment Wizard" (Visual Studio 6.0 new Setup Wizard) really
works?

My VB6 application have a lot of OCX controls and uses MDAC.

ANY help is very wellcome!!! Thank you!

Richard Chaves

2. KILLed Sybase process will not die?

3. Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

4. Cons for each Cube having private time dimension

5. Package&Deployment wizard problem

6. Reproducing phantom processes

7. Package & Deployment Wizard Query

8. dts help

9. Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

10. package & Deployment Wizard

11. Package & Deployment Wizard

12. package and deployment wizard

13. Package and deployment wizard