SQL 2000 SP2 - Mail - Connection Problem

SQL 2000 SP2 - Mail - Connection Problem

Post by Corinn » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:19:56

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone help with the following:

I had the following set up up and working for months:

    Server A: SQL 2000, SP2, Default, Replicates to Server C1, No Mail
services set up
    Server C1: SQL 2000, SP2, Instance, Subscriber to Server A, Mail
Services set up and all working fine.
    When an email notification is required from Server A  a Stored procedure
using the XP_SendEmail, located on Server C1 is called

I have put in place another similar set up:

    Server B: SQL 2000, SP2, Default, Replicates to Server C2, No Mail
services set up
    Server C2: SQL 2000, SP2, Instance, Subscriber to Server B a Stored
procedure using the XP_SendEmail, located on Server C1 is called

The problem is as follow:

    I add the mail profile to Server C2 and test it, it works.
    I add the mail profile reference to the SQL Agent properties, restart
the SQL agent.
    Run the email stored procedure and I get:

        ODBC: Msg 0, Level 19, State 1
        SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 51 generated fatal exception
c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
        SQL Server is terminating this process.

    AS soon as I disabled the mail profile reference in the SQL agent the
email on Server C1 is working again.

    I have tried creating different Mail Profile, one for each Server, same
results
    I have tried running the email from Server C1 and Server C2 same
results.

    I have find an article to the problem: Q305576, but it explains that SP2
should resolve the issue.
    All the servers involve in my set up have SP2 installed.

Can anyone suggests anything on this issue?

Thank you!

Corinne

SQL 2000 SP2 - Mail - Connection Problem

Post by Steve Thompso » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 01:40:05

You mention the 'XP_SendEmail' in several places -- is this a custom stored
procedure? The one I'm familiar with is xp_sendmail...

Steve

Quote:> Can anyone help with the following:

> I had the following set up up and working for months:

>     Server A: SQL 2000, SP2, Default, Replicates to Server C1, No Mail
> services set up
>     Server C1: SQL 2000, SP2, Instance, Subscriber to Server A, Mail
> Services set up and all working fine.
>     When an email notification is required from Server A  a Stored
procedure
> using the XP_SendEmail, located on Server C1 is called

> I have put in place another similar set up:

>     Server B: SQL 2000, SP2, Default, Replicates to Server C2, No Mail
> services set up
>     Server C2: SQL 2000, SP2, Instance, Subscriber to Server B a Stored
> procedure using the XP_SendEmail, located on Server C1 is called

> The problem is as follow:

>     I add the mail profile to Server C2 and test it, it works.
>     I add the mail profile reference to the SQL Agent properties, restart
> the SQL agent.
>     Run the email stored procedure and I get:

>         ODBC: Msg 0, Level 19, State 1
>         SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 51 generated fatal exception
> c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
>         SQL Server is terminating this process.

>     AS soon as I disabled the mail profile reference in the SQL agent the
> email on Server C1 is working again.

>     I have tried creating different Mail Profile, one for each Server,
same
> results
>     I have tried running the email from Server C1 and Server C2 same
> results.

>     I have find an article to the problem: Q305576, but it explains that
SP2
> should resolve the issue.
>     All the servers involve in my set up have SP2 installed.

> Can anyone suggests anything on this issue?

> Thank you!

> Corinne

1. ODBC connections from SQL Server 2000 SP2 to Access 2.0

I posted a message under Access 2.0 and it disappeared.

I urgently need to know if it is a known problem, and if
there are any patches or workarounds available to get my
ODBC drivers to work between SQL Server 2000 SP2 database
and Access 2.0.  I can't link tables into Access, and DTS
from Access to SQL server errors as well.

Both worked successfully before the application of SP2.

Please help, this is urgent.

2. Optional Stored Procedure Arguments w/ SQLOLEDB

3. SQL Server 2000 SP2 and Win2K Internet Connection Sharing

4. replacing mounted rootdbs as raw diskspace

5. SQL 7 SP3 on Win 2000 SP2 w MDAC 2.5 SP2

6. VFP3 CRISIS! Form suddenly not working properly!

7. Win2k+sp2 sql 2000+sp2 disabled job

8. Pdox 5; in the multi-table form active record is other than where cursor blinking

9. SQL Server 2000 Mail (xp_sendmail) and Outlook 2000 Problem

10. Connecting to a Sql Server 2000 SP3 from a Sql Server 2000 SP2

11. SQL 2K SP2 Mail Problem - Please Help !

12. SQL 2000 SP2: Cluster Install Problem

13. Problem uploading to SQL 2000 SP2