Install SQL 6.5 on a machine with a dash in the machine name

Install SQL 6.5 on a machine with a dash in the machine name

Post by Mark » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

How do you install SQL 6.5 on a computer that has a dash in the machine
name?

I've read Q158450
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q158/4/50.asp but it
doesn't work.  It won't install.

Does anyone know if SQL 7.0 will install on a machine with a dash in the
machine name?

Thanks!

Install SQL 6.5 on a machine with a dash in the machine name

Post by Phil » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

If you read my message above about re-install bombs, it stems from the
problem you have with the dash in the name.  I uninstalled SQL, changed the
server name, and viola, i get re-install errors.  Good luck with yours!

Quote:> How do you install SQL 6.5 on a computer that has a dash in the machine
> name?

> I've read Q158450
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q158/4/50.asp but it
> doesn't work.  It won't install.

> Does anyone know if SQL 7.0 will install on a machine with a dash in the
> machine name?

> Thanks!

Install SQL 6.5 on a machine with a dash in the machine name

Post by Peter Saddo » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

SQL 7 works fine with a dash in the computer name

> If you read my message above about re-install bombs, it stems from the
> problem you have with the dash in the name.  I uninstalled SQL, changed
the
> server name, and viola, i get re-install errors.  Good luck with yours!

> > How do you install SQL 6.5 on a computer that has a dash in the machine
> > name?

> > I've read Q158450
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q158/4/50.asp but it
> > doesn't work.  It won't install.

> > Does anyone know if SQL 7.0 will install on a machine with a dash in the
> > machine name?

> > Thanks!

1. Installing Replication in 6.5/Re-installing /Machine Name Change

Good Day. I'm installing Replication in a 6.5 environment and get an error
that reads:

I've tried "sp_dropserver" and then "sp_addserver P233, local" where P233 is
the server name, but still have the same problem. The thing is, I had
replication working on this box, changed machine names (in the replication)
and now the I can't get them talking again.

Look forward to any assistance.

Thanks!

2. chr() command in PG7.03?

3. isql & machine name with dash

4. Cursor Error

5. Upgrade SQL server using 2 machines but 1 machine name

6. Data Corruption in Fox2.5/DOS on Novell 3.11

7. INSTALL SQL 6.5 TO NT-SERVER-NO NETWORK-STAND ALONE MACHINE

8. OLEDB for IBMDB2

9. Problem installing SQL 6.5 on stand-alone machine

10. Install SQL 6.5 remotely on machines without CD-ROM/SCSI controler

11. Can I install sql 6.5 and 2000 on the same machine

12. Adding a new MSDE (1 or 2) install on to a machine with SQL Server 6.5

13. Machine name of machine calling an SP