Official Driver Release

Post by TJ » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 06:22:05

Does anyone know when this driver will be out of beta and
commercially available?  What will the commercial cost and
licensing costs be, if any?

Official Driver Release

Post by Joseph Weinstei » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:17:36

> Does anyone know when this driver will be out of beta and
> commercially available?  What will the commercial cost and
> licensing costs be, if any?

I don't know when the official version will be ready, but the intention
as I understand it, is that the driver will be free from Microsoft.

Official Driver Release

:
: I don't know when the official version will be ready, but the intention
: as I understand it, is that the driver will be free from Microsoft.

To make it not free makes quite no sense because today there are several
(and faster than this beta) commercial drivers available already.

Andreas

Official Driver Release

Post by Phillip Moreloc » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:37:34

well and you're already paying a lot for the database.

And for MS to be taken seriously in the database space (which they obviously
want or they wouldn't even bother with JDBC) -- they're going to have to
provide things kinda like oracle, which provides free drivers with its
zillion dollar database.

Quote:> : > Does anyone know when this driver will be out of beta and
> : > commercially available?  What will the commercial cost and
> : > licensing costs be, if any?
> :
> : I don't know when the official version will be ready, but the intention
> : as I understand it, is that the driver will be free from Microsoft.

> To make it not free makes quite no sense because today there are several
> (and faster than this beta) commercial drivers available already.

> Andreas

1. Official release: Multi Column combobox -FREE-

Hi to all of you

The official release of the Multi Column combobox is a fact.

This combobox features:
- multiple columns
- after update event
- fill with: DAO, ADO, ODBC with DSN, populate in unbound mode or add a list
of items
- connect to Access or SQL Server
- 3D style or flat

Test it now.

http://www.home.zonnet.nl/PatrickO/    Visuals Basic 5/6, Controls

Greetings Patrick

2. Repost record count inaccurate

3. 2nd request for JDBC Driver Beta 2 (January release)

4. W2K hangs trying to update VB with access db.

5. release date for JDBC driver for SQL 2000

6. OEM & firewall

7. Date of latest release of 16-bit ODBC drivers

8. replication / clustering / doubletake

9. Release version of MS JDBC driver

10. MySQL 4.0.6 release, dbexpress driver and transaction support

11. Docasoft Releases JDBC Type-3 Driver

12. JDBC Driver: mSQL-JDBC 1.0a3 Released

13. MS Releases Beta of Type 4 MSSQL 2K Driver