Restore Master Database

Post by tong110 » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:30:04

Hi All,

I have an urgent question, can anyone give me a hint?

I am working on a program to backup/restore database, I am using SQLDMO.
Now, I can do complete/differential backup/restore on user database and some
of the system database. But I can't restore Master database. The
SQLRestore( ) failed. I checked the SQL Server online help and know that to
restore a master database, I have to start a SQL Server in single-user mode,
so I set this property in the code and still can't restore Master database.
Does anyone know the correct way to do it in SQLDMO?

And another question, even in Enterprise Manager I met problem when
restoring Master database. I have set the SQL Server start parameters (-m)so
that it starts as single-user mode, but when I restore Master database, it
first prompts "successful", then the restore dialog is not responding and I
can't shut down the Enterprise Manager. What else are required when
restoring Master database in the Enterprise Manager except that it must
starts as single-use mode?

Thank you so much!

Sherry

1. SQL7: restore MSDB without restoring Master?

I get the message 'ODBC SQLState: 42S22Error 207: Invalid Column Name' when
creating a new database maintenance plan. Could this be caused by a
discrepancy between the system databases, Master and MSDB? MSDB was recently
restored from previous installation while Master was left untouched. Is this
OK or should one always rebuild Master when restoring MSDB?

TIA ... Bob Brainin

2. error trying to create a journal file

3. Restoring Master Database over Cluster

4. Backup -- Restore problems?

5. Restore master database

6. where did debug_print_query go in 7.3???

7. restore master database using sqldmo

8. Cloning db using dd- unix & oracle versions same?

9. Restoring Master Database???

10. Master database restore

11. Restoring Master Database

12. Restoring the master database

13. IMPORTANT ! Restore pb with the MASTER Database