Difficulty with SHORT MONTHS (Date changes of format)

Difficulty with SHORT MONTHS (Date changes of format)

Post by Mylène Carpentie » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

    I just add a new language on SQL Server because I had problem conversion
of my DateTime field.  I use the sp_addlanguage stored procedure to do that.
The language I added is the FRENCH language.  This part is OK.

    I think it was OK until I add an other problem.  This time the problem
was an "DateTime value of of range".  I fisrt think it was the order of my
days and my month but isn't that.  After some test, I saw (with SQL Trace)
that  my dates are pass from the "01-01-98" format to the "1 janv. 1998"
format.  This format cause an error because the "janv." short month doesn't
exist in the syslanguages table.  And I can't add a short months list with
non-alphabetic character like the "." I need.

    The thing I not understand is : "Why my date is translate???"

    With my test (I use Borland C++ Builder) I remark and other thing.  I
the test program I made, I use the TTable object instead of an SQL
Statement.  When I used this object, I got a date conversion and an error.
But when I try to do the same things (an update) with an SQL Statement in my
program, I don't see any conversion and it's all right!

    Someone have an idea of what can make a such thing happen?

Thanks for your help!

    Mylne Carpentier

1. Difficulty with SHORT MONTHS (date changing of format)

[...]

2. Crazy Query Plan Problem

3. INTERNET DIRECTORY PROJECT MANAGER,Madison,WI

4. Difficulty with SHORT MONTHS (Date change format)

5. Informix NewEra

6. DATEADD(month, ...) into a short month

7. DAO vs ADO Performance

8. Date format difficulties

9. Need to find start date of the month and enddate of the month given a date

10. Convert date to short format

11. short date format

12. 2000 and Short Date Format