How to create dimension level using MDX?

How to create dimension level using MDX?

Post by Dave Kura » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:15:45

Check out the mdx WITH clause. You could write something like:

WITH MEMBER
    [Cities].[Canada].[TOR and MON] AS
        '[Cities].[Canada].[TOR] + [Cities].[Canada].[MON]'
SELECT
    [Cities].[Canada].[TOR and MON] ON COLUMNS,
    [Measures].[Any Measure] ON ROWS
FROM [Your Cube]

Hope this helps,
Dave

Quote:> I have an instance where I have a dimension level of
> Canadian cities. i.e TOR, MON, VAN, CAL. My question is
> can I create an alternate level of hiearchy that only
> includes TOR and MON? Do I use an MDX statement? Optimally
> I would like to filter on the dimension using the 'source
> table filter' property but this only seems to work on the
> fact table. TIA

How to create dimension level using MDX?

Post by NEW2OLA » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:46:10

Do you insert this code in the source table filter in the
dimension editor? (New to the product)

Post by Nikla » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:47:54

Take a look at "Named Sets" in Cube editor and Books online for SQL.

rgds,
Niklas Sargnius