Replication

Post by nandkum » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:25:45

What is the minimum speed required to do transaction replication ? Is
it possible through telephone line ?

Please give info

Thanks in adv

Rgds/Nandkumar

Replication

Post by Stride » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 05:08:13

Quote:> What is the minimum speed required to do transaction replication ? Is
> it possible through telephone line ?

It really depends on how fast you want it to be and how much data you have.

If you have gigabytes of data to replicate, I'd say now.

If it's a few hundred bytes, sure.

It's all relative.

Quote:> Please give info

> Thanks in adv

> Rgds/Nandkumar

Replication

Post by nand Kuma » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:47:28

The data size is 2 to 3 mb per day. The distance between two locations
are approx.100 km.

Replication

Post by Stride » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 04:59:27

Quote:

> The data size is 2 to 3 mb per day. The distance between two locations
> are approx.100 km.

Yeah, you could do that then.  I've not done it, but it's certainly
possible.

If it's that small, I recommend setting up a scheduled replication task to
do it once or twice a day.

Quote: