Debugging user defined functions

Post by Rainer Kroo » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:07:52

Hi,
is there a way to debug user defined functions in SQL server 2000?
The T-SQL de* in VB6 shows only stored procedures.
Thanks a lot for any help

Rainer Kroos

Debugging user defined functions

Post by Tibor Karasz » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:14:41

Rainer,

Can't you create a (dummy) proc that calls the function?
I believe that this will step into the function code (not sure, though).

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

Quote:> Hi,
> is there a way to debug user defined functions in SQL server 2000?
> The T-SQL de* in VB6 shows only stored procedures.
> Thanks a lot for any help

> Rainer Kroos

Debugging user defined functions

Post by Rainer Kroo » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:22:33

Hi Tibor,
thanks for your answer.
I copied the function code into a stored procedure, which I can debug.
I think there is NO WAY to debug functions directly until now.

Rainer Kroos

> Rainer,

> Can't you create a (dummy) proc that calls the function?
> I believe that this will step into the function code (not sure, though).

> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> FAQ from Neil at: http://www.veryComputer.com/
> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.

> > Hi,
> > is there a way to debug user defined functions in SQL server 2000?
> > The T-SQL de* in VB6 shows only stored procedures.
> > Thanks a lot for any help

> > Rainer Kroos

Debugging user defined functions

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:36:31

No there is no direct way, only via the way Tibor showed you.
-GertD

Quote:> Hi Tibor,