custom rollup but in 1 cube only ?

Post by Jér?me Poudo » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 07:57:24

Hi,

I've a database with some cubes.
I need to used the custom rollup formula in my time dimension, but only for
my inventory cube, not for the others cubes.

How I can do this ?
Thanks.

Jerome.

custom rollup but in 1 cube only ?

Post by Markus Haukeb? » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:38:20

Hello

You use the "Custom rollup formula" property on the dimension in the Cube
editor (Not the Dimension editor).  I use this approach, and the formula
applies to only the cube(s) where you apply the formula.

Markus

Quote:> Hi,

> I've a database with some cubes.
> I need to used the custom rollup formula in my time dimension, but only
for
> my inventory cube, not for the others cubes.

> How I can do this ?
> Thanks.

> Jerome.

custom rollup but in 1 cube only ?

Post by Jér?me Poudo » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 22:41:48

rraahhh

It's so simple.... :-)

thanks.

> Hello

> You use the "Custom rollup formula" property on the dimension in the Cube
> editor (Not the Dimension editor).  I use this approach, and the formula
> applies to only the cube(s) where you apply the formula.

> Markus

> > Hi,

> > I've a database with some cubes.
> > I need to used the custom rollup formula in my time dimension, but only
> for
> > my inventory cube, not for the others cubes.

> > How I can do this ?
> > Thanks.

> > Jerome.

1. Custom rollup formulas and virtual cubes

Hi,

I have a cube that contains custom rollup formulas on one level of one
dimension. This works OK and all data looks like expected. Now if I
create virtual cube that is based on that cube (all same dim and same
measures),  I loose all functionality of custom rollup formulas - I
just get standard aggregations. Ayone could help me with this problem?
I do this that I have an option to specify new custom rollup formula
for the same level in dimension, but I would like to keep formulas
from base cubes.

At this point I am trying custom rollup formulas work just with one
cube in virtual cube. Of course ultimatelly I will have more than one
cube in this virtual cube, and each base cube will have custom rollup
formulas defined on them.

Thank you,

Alex M.

2. JDBC-ODBC bridge

3. Failed to update custom rollup for cube levels

4. VB4 To Excel

5. Local Cube using DDL with custom rollup.

6. Relationships

7. Error:Failed to update custom rollup for cube levels

8. top 10 code

9. More complicated aggregation using unary operatos, custom rollup formula and custom member formula

10. custom rollup formulas for non leaf data members

11. Custom rollup formula for average

12. Custom Rollup

13. Custom Rollup Formula / Pass Order / Solve Order