1. MS SQL Server 6.5 won't disconnect the client task
The program opens the data base with the regular Borland BDE API.
Then it is possible to retrieve records, by any key. The file has 32,000
keys. The retrieval is instantaneous, from the first time, so I know it is
using the index.
Then the program is ended by closing the data base. The following are the
BDE functions that I have tried in closing the program:
for(int i=1; i<MAXTABLES; i++)
The problem is that it never returns any errors. It SEEMS to have ended.
This same function works for all the other ODBC DRIVERS and data base
But the Microsoft Process Viewer Application reports that my program is
still hanging in there, with one TID.
"killing" the process just freezes the Process Viewer Application.
My only alternative at this point is to RESET the computer. Doing a
Control-Alt-DEL will not show the task under the tasks list.
The funny thing is that this problem comes up ONLY when the data base being
accessed is in a Microsoft SQL Server. Using EXACTLY the same instructions
(and changing only certain values in the BDE32CFG) I can access AS/400 data
bases as well as the Standard (dbase and Paradox) data bases with zero
However, if hooked to the SQL Server, the task remains in a hidden way,
visible only with the Application Viewer, and NOT ALLOWING any other tasks
with similar requirements to be loaded and run: dbd32.exe can't be loaded,
and another instance of this task can not be loaded either. I only know it
is hanging in there because it shows in the list of tasks with the Process
Viewer, but it is reported as "Ended" or nonexistent.
The following are just downloaded files from Borland (the older versions
used to act in exactly the same way):
IDAPI32 18.104.22.168 19/09/96
IDODBC32 22.214.171.124 19/09/96
IDR20009 126.96.36.199 19/09/96
The ODBC related files are as follows:
ODBC32 188.8.131.52 13/08/96
ODBCCP32 184.108.40.206 27/06/96
ODBCINT 220.127.116.11 27/06/96
The SQL Server loaded processes are:
SQLSRV32 18.104.22.168 3/04/96
If there is anyone out there that knows why such a problem is coming, I'll
appreciate any comments.
Franz J Fortuny
2. CERTIFICATION? If You want to pass exams....
3. SQL Server 6.5/Win95 Client/Server
4. Oracle and the IBM Shark
5. Copy DB from server to server (MS SQL 6.5)
6. Convert Database to Access 97 from 2000 generates runtime error
7. sql-server login window suppress in vb3 with ms sql 6.5 and Nt 4.0
8. Special Sql Query
9. Use of SQL Server 7.0 Client with SQL Server 6.5 Server
10. Access multiusers: File Server vs Client-Server (MS SQL Server)
11. Does MS SQL Client version 6.5 work with SQL Server 7.0
12. migrating sql databases sever 6.5 from sql server 6.5 to another sql server 6.5
13. SQL Server 6.5 and MS WIN95 with ACCESS 97