Excel 2002 v Excel 2000 - Calculated Members

Excel 2002 v Excel 2000 - Calculated Members

Post by Josh Nowac » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:46:41

In working with calculated members, I've noticed that even after applying the SP2 for SQL, I can only view calculated members in the Measures Dimension.  Unfortunately, my calculated members need to be in another dimension.  Does anyone know how to fix this in Excel 2000?  Would this problem be fixed in Excel 2002?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Josh

Excel 2002 v Excel 2000 - Calculated Members

Post by Michael Acost » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:06:06

Josh:

It's a shortcoming with Excel 2K.  Works great in Excel XP.

Michael Acosta
Manager
Mosaic Interactive Technologies, LLC
Extending the Microsoft Data Warehousing Framework through metadata conversion tools and DTS Custom Tasks
http://www.mosaicinteractive.com

  In working with calculated members, I've noticed that even after applying the SP2 for SQL, I can only view calculated members in the Measures Dimension.  Unfortunately, my calculated members need to be in another dimension.  Does anyone know how to fix this in Excel 2000?  Would this problem be fixed in Excel 2002?

  Your help is greatly appreciated!

  Josh

Excel 2002 v Excel 2000 - Calculated Members

Post by Josh Nowac » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:19:56

Michael -
Thanks for you quick reply!  As a point of clarrification, if I were to
upgrade to Excel 2002 and published my pivot table to the web.  Does
another user require Excel 2002 to view the calculated members as I did
if they are viewing it over an intranet/the internet?  As a follow-up,
would they be able to export it to Excel 2000 and view it properly?
Your assistance is greatly appreciated either way!

Thanks again...

Josh

1. viewing calculated members in Excel PivotT with Excel 2000 and Excel XP

Hello,

I can see the calculated member in the dimensional drop-down in Excel 2000, but
when I select only this (deselect the others) the results are empty.  (I know
that number [measures] are there and non-zero because I can see them [for the
calculated member] in Analysis Mgr).

Installed Office XP on my machine (it installs over W2000 - doesn't require
Windows XP).  Not only can I see the same calculated member but it appears
automatically and all the numbers are there.

  Any ideas?  How does one see calculated members in Excel 2000 PivotT?

  pat

2. Triggers

3. Calculated Member dont show on Excel 2000

4. Control Names in an array

5. Calculated Member not in Excel 2000

6. How can i limit the connections to the database ?

7. mdx calculated member error in some Excel 2000 install

8. Exporting Existing DB to web

9. Calculated Measure not displaying in Excel 2002

10. Saving an offline cube using Excel 2000/2002

11. OLAP 2000 - Calculated member with a calculated parent member

12. excel - local cubes - calculated members

13. no calculated member in excel