DTS - Error Processing for Bat files and Stored Procedures

DTS - Error Processing for Bat files and Stored Procedures

Post by Bill Fe » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

How does a DTS package SQL task get the return code from a Stored Procedure?

How does a DTS package command task tell if a batch file errors outs?

1. Calling stored procedure from bat file

I'm writing a bat file to call a stored procedure but it's not working.  It
looks like this:

osql -S SERVERNAME -d DB_NAME -U USERNAME -P
exec SP_NAME
go

When I enter this at the command prompt it works fine.  When I run the bat
file it looks as though it only sees the first line.  The stored procedure
is never executed.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

2. Job in USA

3. DTS error handling through .BAT file

4. Before Insert trigger

5. Running Batch file(.bat) through DTS - does not work on scheduling this DTS

6. Create userdefined field/col for long textstring - 50k?

7. Execute DTS (Analysis Services Process task ) from the store procedure

8. Importing XML data into Oracle.

9. Executing .bat files using DTS.

10. DTS Problem Executing Bat Files

11. DTS Error running from Stored Procedure: Error opening datafile: Access denied

12. DTS cube processing error - file names too long

13. DTS process cube task error - file name too long