Merge Agent fails propagating the snapshot

Merge Agent fails propagating the snapshot

Post by Jens K » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:41:33

Hi,

I am encountering a problem with a push replication.
The replication stops after the bulk copy processes with
the following error (translated from german):

The process could not propagate the snaphot to the
subscriber
(Source: Mergereplicationprovider (Agent); Error Nr.: -
2147201001)

Where could this error come from ? Other replications with
similar snapshots work fine.

I am using SQL Server 2000 with SP 3 installed.

Thanks in advance,
greetings from germany,

Jens K.

Merge Agent fails propagating the snapshot

Post by Andrew Sha » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:45:26

Hi Jens,

I had this a while ago and was able to debug the problem by taking the
problem part of the snapshot (which I think is identified in the error
somewhere) and manually trying to run it at the subscriber. In my case it
failed and the failure gave me a clue as to what the actual problem was.
Sorry, I can't actually remember what the problem was that I had, but the
important thing is that manually running the script might help you hunt down
where the problem is.

Hope It Helps.

Andrew

Quote:> Hi,

> I am encountering a problem with a push replication.
> The replication stops after the bulk copy processes with
> the following error (translated from german):

> The process could not propagate the snaphot to the
> subscriber
> (Source: Mergereplicationprovider (Agent); Error Nr.: -
> 2147201001)

> Where could this error come from ? Other replications with
> similar snapshots work fine.

> I am using SQL Server 2000 with SP 3 installed.

> Thanks in advance,
> greetings from germany,

> Jens K.

1. Merge Replication - SNAPSHOT agent fails with sa login

Hi,

Would greatly appreciate a tip on how to troubleshoot this bug
with the signin.

I looked at the properties for the SQL SERVER AGENT and the
user was  domain\sqladmin

In Replication Monitor on the Publishing Server NTSERVER6
Publishers
        NTSERVER6
                Publication1
                Publication2
                Publicationn

Each of these levels has a RED X Icon to indicate failure.

Snapshot Agent Error Details

        Publisher: NTSERVER6

        Last Action: The process could not connect to Publisher NTSERVER6

        Full Error Message:  Lgoin failed for user 'sa'

Appreciate some tip on WHERE the sa login is used during this process
or how to resolve this.

Thanks, Paul

2. ODBC dead after SQL2K upgrd

3. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

4. Stored Procedure question (Transact-SQL)

5. snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

6. Upgrading from NT4 to W2K

7. Merge Agent Fails - sp_MSupdategenhistory call fails

8. Add check constraint bug

9. snapshot and merge agent

10. Merge Replication - Error for Snapshot Agent

11. Merge Replication Snapshot Agent

12. Snapshot & Merge Agent Exists , Publication Does Not

13. SQL Error -- Snapshot Agent in Merge Replication