newbie - where do i start?

Post by Mark » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:24:40

Hey all,
I am brand new to SQL server, and I was wondering if you
could help me get started.
I have developed web applications before using ASP and MS
access databases... but i don't know where to start when
using a sql server database.
My host has set up a database for me, but I dunno where to
go from here to actually create the database and populate
it.
I am fairly ok with the sql language so thats not a
problem, and i am familiar with mySQL.

all i need to do is get all this knoweledge in to SQL
server!!

any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks!

newbie - where do i start?

Post by Richard Siddawa » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:43:03

best suggestion is to get hold of an introductory book on
SQL server and go from there

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hey all,
>I am brand new to SQL server, and I was wondering if you
>could help me get started.
>I have developed web applications before using ASP and MS
>access databases... but i don't know where to start when
>using a sql server database.
>My host has set up a database for me, but I dunno where
>go from here to actually create the database and populate
>it.
>I am fairly ok with the sql language so thats not a
>problem, and i am familiar with mySQL.

>all i need to do is get all this knoweledge in to SQL
>server!!

>any help would be greatly appreciated,
>thanks!

>.

newbie - where do i start?

Post by Shri Anandpura [M » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:09:28

Mark

I would suggest using the Books Online under the SQL program group to get
started. Open up the Enterprise Manager and try to use that to manage your
databases etc.
Thanks
Shri Anandpura

You assume all risk for your use.