DTS & Data Truncation on Export to Excel

DTS & Data Truncation on Export to Excel

Post by Larry Sander » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:12:36

Using DTS to export data from as SQL 2K(SP3) table into a
Excel spreadsheet results in nvarchar columns of 450
char's being truncated to 255.

Using DTS to create the new table in EXCEL the first time
works(transfers all 450 char's.)

On subsequent runs of the same DTS package, the data is
always truncated.

Have reset the columns to CHAR(450) and a couple others as
well as specified FIXED WIDTH in the DTS package with same
results.

Anyone have a clue as to why the data is truncated?

DTS & Data Truncation on Export to Excel

Post by JFB » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:32:29

Hi Larry,
Maybe you have this problem
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=247527
JFB

Quote:> Using DTS to export data from as SQL 2K(SP3) table into a
> Excel spreadsheet results in nvarchar columns of 450
> char's being truncated to 255.

> Using DTS to create the new table in EXCEL the first time
> works(transfers all 450 char's.)

> On subsequent runs of the same DTS package, the data is
> always truncated.

> Have reset the columns to CHAR(450) and a couple others as
> well as specified FIXED WIDTH in the DTS package with same
> results.

> Anyone have a clue as to why the data is truncated?

1. Export data from SQL to Excel using DTS Package

Hi,

I am trying to export data from SQL 7.0 to Excel through
VB application.
I tried the sample given in SQL
   Mssql7\devtools\samples\dts\dtsexmp3\

I was able to export between two DSNs of SQL database,
but failed to export from DSN of SQL to DSN of Excel.
Can some one help me out.

I tried to specify the XL file connection object without giving
the DSN but I couldn't find the "file connection" object in
DTS Package.

Thanks in advance.
dsrao

2. USA-MN 10+ Openings for Microsoft Developers in SQL Server, Visual Basic and/or Access!!

3. Truncated data in DTS export to Excel

4. TN-Memphis-64603--ORACLE-Database Applications-Project Management-U.S. Citizen-DBA Administrator

5. Problems with exporting data to Excel from DTS

6. Sybase on Linux

7. Exporting data with DTS and including the currentdate in the excel file name

8. Trigger / PL SQL

9. DTS Export to Excel with Detailed Excel Formatting

10. Fractional Truncation, String Data, right truncation.

11. Data truncation issue with DTS

12. Exporting data to excel file /overwrite existing data.

13. Exporting Data to Excel and append or add data