Data Type SQL Server7.0 need a non decimal 1 E 19 data type

Data Type SQL Server7.0 need a non decimal 1 E 19 data type

Post by CELES » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 04:55:40

i used a float data type for REPORTNUMBER then in VB ADO I am trying
to return the integer portion from a recordset i.e.
1233456789000000000

I tryed
 convert(numeric(28),REPORTNUMBER) , but it returns a decimal

It seems they fixxed this in SQL Server 2000 with BIGINT.

Thank You
Celeste Aida

Data Type SQL Server7.0 need a non decimal 1 E 19 data type

Post by Ron Talmag » Tue, 09 Oct 2001 05:29:28

Celeste,

You should be able to use Decimal or Numeric, which can handle up to 28
digits.

HTH,
Ron
--
Ron Talmage
SQL Server MVP

Quote:> i used a float data type for REPORTNUMBER then in VB ADO I am trying