Changing the service account MSSQLServer runs under

Changing the service account MSSQLServer runs under

Post by Ross » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

For the MSSQLServer service to run under a domain account does the service
have to be stopped and restarted after changing the account it runs under in
the service manager because I have changed it to a domain account yet I am
still getting permission errors when trying to create the backup media?

Thanks,
Ross.

Changing the service account MSSQLServer runs under

Post by Ross » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am refering to creating a backup media file on a different PC on the same
domain.

Thanks.

Quote:> For the MSSQLServer service to run under a domain account does the service
> have to be stopped and restarted after changing the account it runs under
in
> the service manager because I have changed it to a domain account yet I am
> still getting permission errors when trying to create the backup media?

> Thanks,
> Ross.

Changing the service account MSSQLServer runs under

Post by Ross » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Nevermind, I have found the answer thanks to Tibor Karaszi.

Quote:> For the MSSQLServer service to run under a domain account does the service
> have to be stopped and restarted after changing the account it runs under
in
> the service manager because I have changed it to a domain account yet I am
> still getting permission errors when trying to create the backup media?

> Thanks,
> Ross.

1. Changing MSSQLServer Service user account

When using Enterprise Manager in SQL 7.0 to change the SQL Service from
system account to an NT User Account I am getting:

A required privilege is not held by the client

It seems that Enterprise Manager is using an account that does not have
rights to make this change. I am using "sa" to connect to the server in
Enterprise Manager. How can I change from the system account to an NT
Account?

2. Batchmove ASCII file to ANSI file

3. Changing service account for the Cluster andSQL service account

4. Filemaker on Internet

5. Changing SQL Service Accounts after A/P Cluster up and running

6. IS_MEMBER returning wrong value

7. Startup account change leads to MSSQLServer not starting

8. Is Progress SCO version work on Linux ?

9. MSSQLServer Service changes to Disabled

10. A service control operation failed for the MSSQLServer service

11. Services Accounts Change

12. Error 22042: xp_SetSQLSecurity() returned when changing startup service account

13. SQL Server service: run under which account?