Account requirements to administer SQL Server

Account requirements to administer SQL Server

Post by Martin V » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Until now I've had the luxury of using a domain admin account in my day to
day SQL Server administration duties but I suspect that may be changing.

If this high level of access is taken away, what sort of account, privileges
and group memberships do I need to fully administer SQL Server? Is
Administrator on the SQL box enough? What about remotely administering the
server?

Thanks,

- Martin V.

Account requirements to administer SQL Server

Post by Alexandr » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi Martin,

You can create a SQL account or declare any NT account with sysadmin server
role. You will have full access to the entire databases

I hope this will help you, Alexandre

>Hello,

>Until now I've had the luxury of using a domain admin account in my day to
>day SQL Server administration duties but I suspect that may be changing.

>If this high level of access is taken away, what sort of account,
privileges
>and group memberships do I need to fully administer SQL Server? Is
>Administrator on the SQL box enough? What about remotely administering the
>server?

>Thanks,

>- Martin V.

1. Administer a SQL Server 6.5 DB from SQL Server 7 Enterprise Manager

I was told I could Administer a SQL Server 6.5 DB from SQL Server 7s
Enterprise Manager. The SQL Server 6.5 db is on another machine that I
connect to thru the internet.

When I try all I get is an error - "A connection could not be established.
The server must be upgraded to version 7.0 or later to be administered by
this version of SQL-DMO."

Can't I do this? What gives? Microsoft and a couple of books say I should be
able to.

Thanks

Craig

2. What am I doing wrong here.

3. The Microsoft Search service cannot be administered under the present user account

4. Problems with COBPRE

5. Search Service cannot be administered under the present user account

6. Considering Approach

7. cannot be administered under present account!!!

8. HomePage

9. Microsoft Search Service cannot be administered under the present user account

10. MS Search Service cannot be administered under present account

11. administering account for SQLserver.

12. Administer SQL 7 Server from Citrix server

13. Service cannot be administered under the present user account