Error 1101

Post by Yibing L » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

In the process of insert large amount of data to SQL Server6.5, I got an
error in
SQL server enterprise manager. I can not edit and open database anymore
because:

"Error 1101: Unable to allocate new page for database 'tempdb'. There are no
more
page available on valid allocation pages. Space can be created  by dropping
objects,
extending database or dump the log with no_log "

Since I can not edit any database, I do not know how I can extend the
database or
dump the log with no_log.

Please give me some help.

Thanks,

Yibing Li

Error 1101

Post by Ivan Santhumayo » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Open a DOS isql command to SQL server and issue:
DUMP TRAN tempdb with no_log.

--
Ivan Santhumayor
Firmwide Database Support

Note: These are my own views and not that of Goldman Sachs

Error 1101

Post by Yibing L » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Thanks a lot , It really works.

I know that I have made a mistake by expanding a several database
devices ( including master, msdbdata, msdblog) to quite large size ( each to
1 G) . I really should not have done that. What can I do to decrease them?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Yibing

> Open a DOS isql command to SQL server and issue:
> DUMP TRAN tempdb with no_log.

> > In the process of insert large amount of data to SQL Server6.5, I got an
> > error in
> > SQL server enterprise manager. I can not edit and open database anymore
> > because:

> > "Error 1101: Unable to allocate new page for database 'tempdb'. There
are no
> > more
> > page available on valid allocation pages. Space can be created  by
dropping
> > objects,
> > extending database or dump the log with no_log "

> > Since I can not edit any database, I do not know how I can extend the
> > database or
> > dump the log with no_log.

> > Please give me some help.

> > Thanks,

> > Yibing Li

> --
> Ivan Santhumayor
> Firmwide Database Support
> Goldman Sachs & Co

> Note: These are my own views and not that of Goldman Sachs

Error 1101

Post by Kalen Delane » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

In SQL 6.5, database devices cannot be shrunk. You'll have to back up the
databases, create new smaller devices, drop the original databases, recreate
the databases on the new devices, and load from backup.

HTH

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP

> Thanks a lot , It really works.

> I know that I have made a mistake by expanding a several database
> devices ( including master, msdbdata, msdblog) to quite large size ( each
> 1 G) . I really should not have done that. What can I do to decrease them?

> Your help is highly appreciated.

> Yibing

> > Open a DOS isql command to SQL server and issue:
> > DUMP TRAN tempdb with no_log.

> > > In the process of insert large amount of data to SQL Server6.5, I got
an
> > > error in
> > > SQL server enterprise manager. I can not edit and open database
anymore
> > > because:

> > > "Error 1101: Unable to allocate new page for database 'tempdb'. There
> are no
> > > more
> > > page available on valid allocation pages. Space can be created  by
> dropping
> > > objects,
> > > extending database or dump the log with no_log "

> > > Since I can not edit any database, I do not know how I can extend the
> > > database or
> > > dump the log with no_log.

> > > Please give me some help.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Yibing Li

> > --
> > Ivan Santhumayor
> > Firmwide Database Support
> > Goldman Sachs & Co

> > Note: These are my own views and not that of Goldman Sachs

1. tempdb Error 1101 - VC++ 4.2 w MFC

Hi, please i need help:

I have a SQL-Server 6.5 with SP1, a tempdb with 10MB RAM.
I want to insert 100000 records from a Btrieve database into the
SQL-Server,
but after 1000-1100 records i became a exception "Error 1101 - no space
avaible
in tempdb ...". I wrote a programm with VC++ 4.2 and use the
MFC-ODBC-Functions,
where if the record in the SQL-Server exist, it will be edit, if the record
not exist,
it will be appended. I use the requery-function from the MFC-CRecordset. I
think,
thats why in the tempdb i have a lot of temporary cursors. How can i
delete them, or
who could help me solve the problem.

Kai

2. Backup of model db failing with Legato Networker

3. tempdb Error 1101 - VC++ with MFC

4. Need feedback on 6.0 Engine

5. TEMP DB and error 1101

6. Informix SE

7. error 1101 problem with tempdb

8. Printer not ready

9. SQL Server 7.0 SP1: Error 1101 - tempdb problem

10. TempDB fills up, followed by Error 1101

11. tempdb Error 1101 please help !!!!

12. tempdb error 1101 Please help !!!!

13. error 1101 in 7.0