"default" rows and columns dimensions

Post by sverke » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:34:36

Hi again !

Is there a way to set "default" rows and columns
dimensions for a cube (something like the default measure
properties at the cube level, but for dimensions)?

If not, how does the internal browser and the for ex
Proclarity decide which dimensions that appear on rows and
on columns ? Alphabetic order / time-dim / measures ?

/Sverker

"default" rows and columns dimensions

Post by Tim Harri » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:59:37

Procalrity seems to put my Time Dimension in columns and the first other
dimension based on alphabetical order in rows.

Quote:> Hi again !

> Is there a way to set "default" rows and columns
> dimensions for a cube (something like the default measure
> properties at the cube level, but for dimensions)?

> If not, how does the internal browser and the for ex
> Proclarity decide which dimensions that appear on rows and
> on columns ? Alphabetic order / time-dim / measures ?

> /Sverker

1. Pushing "1 column, many rows" into "1 row, many columns"

Manning,

select CUST_ID,
          SC_1 = sum (case when STATUS_CODE = 1 then VALUE else 0 end),
          SC_2 = sum (case when STATUS_CODE = 2 then VALUE else 0 end),
          SC_3 = sum (case when STATUS_CODE = 3 then VALUE else 0 end)

from <tablename>
group by CUST_ID

  HI - I'm stuck. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
  I have a table with data like below:

  CUST_ID    STATUS_CODE    VALUE
  1         1               10
  1         2               15
  1         3               20

  I need to push this around so I get a single row of data like this:
  (where SC = status code)

  CUST_ID    SC_1    SC_2    SC_3
  1          10      15      20

  I know how to do it in Excel, but there are around 500K records which makes it impossible. Also, there will be status columns for which a given customer does not have a corresponding record.

  Any help will be much appreciated.

  Manning Bartlett
  Sydney Australia

2. partitioning indexed views

3. Problem with Column.Properties("Default")

4. Spin Control and DAO

5. How to "SELECT" rows as columns

6. SQL server 4.21 via ODBC in Delphi 1.02

8. Help Entity Relationships

9. Default Dimension for Rows & Columns

10. "Add column" not as last column

11. "Hidden" Dimension

12. "Optional" Page Axis Dimension in MDX

13. Create "replacement" labels for a dimension