w2k sp3 with sql 2000

Post by Mark » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 00:36:31

We are currently running SQL 2000 Standard on a single processor W2K SP 2
Dell server.  We would like to install W2K SP 3.  Are there any
considerations or issues that we should consider first?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

w2k sp3 with sql 2000

Post by Anith Se » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:53:09

If there are any considerations/issues which are relevant to any MS
Service Packs, it will be detailed in the readme.txt associated with
the Service Pack download. Pl. refer to it.

--
- Anith

w2k sp3 with sql 2000

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:15:10

 Mark,

 No adverse effects to SQL 2000

Quote:> We are currently running SQL 2000 Standard on a single processor W2K SP 2
> Dell server.  We would like to install W2K SP 3.  Are there any
> considerations or issues that we should consider first?

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. W2k SP3 with SQL Server 2000 SP3 ???

Hello all,

 I am quite new to SQL Server, so I would like to ask you
guys some questions.

1. Environment :
  W2K with SP2
  SQL Server 2000 SP3 ( installed because of the Slammer
virus )

2. I am planning to install SP3 for W2K.

   Before that, I want to be sure there isn't any known
issues between W2K SP3 and SQL Server SP3.
   Has anyone had problems with that? Should I go for the
install or keep going with SP2?
   Any suggestions?

 Thanks,
  Alin

2. ODBC ADMIN

3. Attach W2k SQL 7.0 to W2k 2000 SQL

4. Strange Delete Issue

5. Install SQL 2000 SP3 or Windows 2000 SP3 first

6. Extended stored procedures. Files?

7. W2k SP3 Install Question not SQL2000 SP3

8. The Trubble with Triggers!

9. WIN2K SP3 on SQL 2000 Server /w SP3

10. Connecting to a Sql Server 2000 SP3 from a Sql Server 2000 SP2

11. SQL Server and W2K SP3 problems?

12. SQL Server 7 Service Pack 2 Upgrade to SP3 on W2K Server Failure

13. W2K SERVER - sql server 2k sp3 - ERROR -EVENT ID 7001