SQL Server Permission Problems

Post by JoeBlo » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:26:26

I would appreciate any help that can be offered regarding the problem
described below

I am unable to insert new records into a remote Sql database. I can update,
delete and edit records in this database but not insert new records using an
asp(vbscript)  web page. I can however insert  new records using this same
asp page when I point it to an identical database on my local machine. I can
also insert new records into the remote database through SQL server
enterprise manager.

Any ideas what the problem could be. When I view the permission on the
remote machine my login permission are set for public, owner and
accessadmin.

Thanxs,

Orlanth

SQL Server Permission Problems

Post by jimmer » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:34:28

What error message is returned for INSERT statement?

Quote:> I would appreciate any help that can be offered regarding the problem
> described below

> I am unable to insert new records into a remote Sql database. I can
update,
> delete and edit records in this database but not insert new records using
an
> asp(vbscript)  web page. I can however insert  new records using this same
> asp page when I point it to an identical database on my local machine. I
can
> also insert new records into the remote database through SQL server
> enterprise manager.

> Any ideas what the problem could be. When I view the permission on the
> remote machine my login permission are set for public, owner and
> accessadmin.

> Thanxs,

> Orlanth

1. NT and SQL server permission problem

I try to execute the following from SQL7:

xp_cmdshell 'dir G:\'
and it returns an error 'Access denied'

where G: is mapped to a directory on another NT server on the same domain.

I have full access to the G: and I can browse g: freely under Windows
Explorer.

In addition, if I execute xp_cmdshell 'dir C:\', it is able to return the
files list on the local C: drive.

Could anyone teach me what permission settings should I use in order to
access a remote server from SQL7?

Thanks

Arthur

2. BDE: GetAlias oan/or ChangeAlias functions ?

3. permissions problem connecting to SQL Server via an Access project

4. Best Books on SQL?

5. SQL Server Agent permission problem

6. Importing data using XML and .doc files

7. SQL Server permissions (was Connecting to SQL Server from a different machine)

8. Availability of SQLCE under WinCE.NET

9. SQL Server DTS permissions problem

10. Remote Servers vs. Linked Servers-- Permission Problem

11. Registry Permissions of OLAP server of SQL Server on Windows 2000

12. Problem connecting one SQL Server server to another SQL Server server

13. Linked Servers permissions problem