sql And ADSI

Post by inba » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello everyone!

I'm having some problems getting records from the AD using the sql server. I
connected to the ADSI with no problems using the sp_addlinkedserver in the
SQL Query Analyzer, but when I'm runnig a query the result is empty (0 rows
effected), I've checked the syntax and also the query is not supposed to be
empty for sure, If you recognize the problem and have a solution I will be
greatful.

Thanx
Inbal

1. SQL 2000 ADSI and OLEDB

When i try to connect and read the AD from SQL using the following
statement,

SELECT [Name],siteobject, [description]
FROM OPENQUERY(ADSI,'SELECT Name,siteobject,description
   FROM ''LDAP://dealer03/
CN=Configuration,DC=Dealers,DC=daimlerchrysler,DC=nl''
   WHERE objectClass = ''Subnet''  ')
Order by [Name]

i get the following message from the sql and the oledb provider

Server: Msg 7346, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Could not get the data of the row from the OLE DB provider 'ADSDSOObject'.
Could not convert the data value due to reasons other than sign mismatch or
overflow.

This is due to the field description which is a multistring value,

How can i read this field? anyone...

2. Only ONE Table in SQL6.5 Master Database?

3. T-SQL and ADSI

4. Any body use jboss ?

5. ADSI: SQL Linked Server Query Problems

6. SQL Subquery based on 2 fields, how ?

7. ADSI linked SQL Server 2000

8. Combining ADSI and SQL Server operations in a Transaction

9. ADSI and SQL

10. REPOST: Linked server SQL ADSI stored Proc / syntax

11. Error while querying ADSI from Sql

12. URGENT: ADSI and SQL Server Help Needed